Android How to unlock bypass Widevine DRM & unlock Full HD video quality on my phone

Goodfella

Disciple
Greetings.
I own a Mi 10T, which I only updated once. I have a Netflix Subscription, but when I checked the settings, it shows 'Widevine L3', which means I can stream Netflix only in SD quality even though I am paying for a 'Standard - FULL HD' plan and my device also supports Widevine L1.

I searched the web and found that I have to update/flash the phone to the latest firmware available. But the problem with that is the newest update for my phone has introduced/caused numerous bugs, like degrading the experience, causing shutter lag, & reducing the battery life, so I don't want to update my phone.

Is there any way I can bypass this and stream Full HD content on Netflix without updating and without rooting?

P.S. : I tried downloading the widevine L1 certificate but it shows "Couldn't download certificate. Error code: -10009

TLDR : Want to know if I can bypass DRM on Netflix to watch full had content without updating.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-26-21-22-57-468_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-26-21-22-57-468_com.miui.cloudservice.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 264
Have you unlocked the bootloader and installed recovery and custom rom?
If yes, videwine L1 won't work.
If no, install DRM info from play Store and check videwine security level. If it shows L1, just force stop Netflix app and clear data and cache.
It should now work.

Have you unlocked the bootloader and installed recovery and custom rom?
If yes, videwine L1 won't work.
If no, install DRM info from play Store and check videwine security level. If it shows L1, just force stop Netflix app and clear data and cache.
It should now work.
No. I forgot to mention, I am on Miui 12.0.5. Never unlocked the bootloader nor flashed a custom rom.

I installed drm info, it shows L3

I checked that before as well. The issue is I cannot download widevine L1 certificate from settings unless I update my phone, which I don't want to do unless absolutely necessary.
Wrong! LSPosed is a Riru/Zygisk module both of which require a rooted device.
Oh okay. So, it's not possible to get Widevine L1 on my phone without updating or rooting?

How did Widevine L1 stopped working on your phone? Did it worked earlier and stopped because you updated the phone?
Didn't have Netflix before, never had this sort of problem before, so didn't cared if it worked or not.. but I'm quite sure it's because I haven't updated the phone.

As per the web, turning Sidebar off sometimes restores L1 for Netflix.

Should probably expect strange behaviour on MIUI as they deliberately break numerous Android principles.

As per the web, turning Sidebar off sometimes restores L1 for Netflix.

Should probably expect strange behaviour on MIUI as they deliberately break numerous Android principles.
The sidebar is already disabled. :/
Perform a full format/phone reset and check.
Else flash custom roms which have these issues resolved!
I was thinking of doing the reset thing, but the phone has too much data [pics, vids, etc.] for me to backup and reset and then log in to each app again individually.
Also, don't want to flash custom roms on this device as it is my daily driver, and I am okay with miui.

Have you checked the suggestions in this thread
Edit: Also have you debloated your phone?
Yes. This was one of first posts i checked when searching for a fix.
It shows me the following error when trying to download the widevine cert:
"Couldn't download certificate. Error code: -10009"

And at that time I also checked if I disabled any services unknowingly, but no all of them were intact.

Back