How to unlock Verizon CDMA iPhone 4S

live4g4

Disciple
I got a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4S from US. Is there any way to unlock it in India and use it as unlock GSM phone as it also have micro-sim GSM slot.
Is there any software available for unlocking or anybody know any good shop in gaffar to unlock it??

Thanx in Advance.

live4g4 said:
oh..mean there is no way to use that. :((

any idea how long i need to wait for the unlock??
Just for your satisfaction I suggest posting on iPhone specific forums and see what replies you get there. But for unlocking GSM part of the 4S, Delhi abhi door hai.

Sent from my HP Touchpad on Android using Tapatalk

Bl^nK said:
raks is it possible to unlock sprint/att gsm models to work in India?
Sprint models when launched came with unlocked GSM part. This means that you could use that with any international sim card (but not local US GSM networks). But they mentioned that they will be locking it with future updates.

Locked ATT phones cannot be used with any other sim except its own.

So if one ends up with a sprint phone but locked GSM part then you are out of luck.

raksrules said:
Sprint models when launched came with unlocked GSM part. This means that you could use that with any international sim card (but not local US GSM networks). But they mentioned that they will be locking it with future updates.

Locked ATT phones cannot be used with any other sim except its own.

So if one ends up with a sprint phone but locked GSM part then you are out of luck.

They were locked with the update released in second week of November, I guess 5.0.1

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sanav3 said:
They were locked with the update released in second week of November, I guess 5.0.1

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Yeah thats what. I was not sure about the current status but if sprint users did update their 4S to 5.0.1 then the GSM part will be locked i guess. But in case there is some informed user out there who did not update to 5.0.1, they would still be in luck and could use those phones on international SIM card.

No, at present ; no iPhone 4S att can be unlocked to work on any network. Sprint and verizon's can be done on reliance cdma. They will unlock ur Gsm part for international use but on request that also aftr 3 and 2 months respectively.

Back