Hp dv6 6017tx ?

my vaio has lasted me quite a lot of rough use,

in three and half yrs of usage,

only maintainance i did is this

7200 rpm 500 gb hitachi hdd ---- just for hake of it.default toshiba drive was perfect.and its still working well.

2gb RAM upgrade---went from 2 gb ram to 3gb ram just for hake of better performance,i was having trouble with win 7 and large pdf's.

power adapter---i myself burnt original by plugging it in active power socket. no regrets.it was my mistake.

this is all i had to do in these yrs.

this laptop was always in my backpack in all kinds of journey's like travel in locals,buses and what not.

i did abuse it ,like as downloading machine for quite long time.

but still its going strong.

only problem is as expected battery has worn out.

overall happy in VAIO.

i will be buying next Laptop also from vaio series.

OP--- get a sandy bridge vaio with better gfx and you will be fine.

pratikb said:
my vaio has lasted me quite a lot of rough use,

in three and half yrs of usage,

only maintainance i did is this

7200 rpm 500 gb hitachi hdd ---- just for hake of it.default toshiba drive was perfect.and its still working well.

2gb RAM upgrade---went from 2 gb ram to 3gb ram just for hake of better performance,i was having trouble with win 7 and large pdf's.

power adapter---i myself burnt original by plugging it in active power socket. no regrets.it was my mistake.

this is all i had to do in these yrs.

this laptop was always in my backpack in all kinds of journey's like travel in locals,buses and what not.

i did abuse it ,like as downloading machine for quite long time.

but still its going strong.

only problem is as expected battery has worn out.

overall happy in VAIO.

i will be buying next Laptop also from vaio series.

OP--- get a sandy bridge vaio with better gfx and you will be fine.
what choice am i left with in this price range??

i don't see any other vaio with a beeter gpu....

No other option as of now. Sony this year are using amd 6470m, 6630m, Nvidia GT520m,and GT540m plus amd 6770 in the upcoming Z replacement.
So at this price you will not find a better gfx this year from Sony. If you are okay with gaming at 720p then cb15 is going to be just fine.
Also cb has good thermal control and temperatures remain within 70c most times including when gaming.

man! i really like hp's specs and just can't ignore it........
so if a get a hp and a good cooling pad,i will not play games more than 2 hours continuous....it won't cause any trouble?right?

and the i7 will not cause unnecessary heating up on normal usage like surfing etc?right?

hi buddy.......

i got HP DV6-3050tx >> i7-720qm ,5650 ati readon,640gb hdd.4 gb ddr 3 1333mhz.using it since 8 months.
the max temperature is 75 on full load.and idle temp is around 38-42.(ambient temperature=28+)(lucknow uttar pradesh)
if you dont block the Heat sink area it will never give high temperature.and if you touch the heat sink area you will feel like your laptop is on fire.it shows great heat dissipation from fins of heat sink.
the left palm area gets hot.sometime too hot while gaming for long duration.
your decision for the lappy is very gud and try to get it in 51000.without bag........get a tragus curve in 1500 rupees.its far better than HP bag.also get the free acessories.it all depends on how you bargain.....

i hope i helped you......
:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well there is no point to wait unless you plan to buy from USA....i waited for 3 months last year for HP ENVY 1080p screen.but when it was launched ....it was only 1600*900.so i dont think 1080p version of 6014tx will launch soon.

when i finalized on hp

my sis told me about 1 of his friend's status which said "4th time motherboard replaced. Dhanya ho HP"......

:-x:-x:-x

new thing i come to know is hp dv6 is equipped with the new cool sense technology:)

so that might solve all the problems related to hp's overheating.....

samiryadav said:
4 time???? not possible bro.......it would call for laptop replacement.hp will replace the laptop completely in that case...
sorry to disagree but HP does no relent so easily.

i had business desktop machine for which they had given 3 yrs business warranty.

everytime my display output would go and they would send engineer,

unable to do any troubleshooting,he would replace motherboard and go away.

this happened thrice and not once they agreed to replace desktop.

as soon as warranty was over i junked the machine.

HP support is not what they claim.

they will replace part easily without any troubleshooting or anything but wont bother to diagnose problem.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

reddead said:
new thing i come to know is hp dv6 is equipped with the new cool sense technology:)

so that might solve all the problems related to hp's overheating.....
as you cant find anything better than the current config.

i suggest you go ahead and get your machine extended warranty pack.as if god forbid anything goes wrong in machine.they will replace the part easily under warranty.

use cooling pads.keep it on proper desk with no obstruction to heat vent and keep it clean from dirt.

you should sail through.

dont worry.

sandy bridge is pretty good at heat and all.

reddead said:
^i want something which is durable....hp's overheating problems can cause some serious troubles
and my friends have had some bad experiences with hp laptops.....
i want a laptop which is durable for 4 -5 years......
Ditto I have a HP dv6 model, which underwent Mainboard replacement (as due to overheating the gpu conked out),cost me cool 17k
So If you are buying HP make sure you get extended warranty,will prove cheaper in the long run.
Also the specs for the notebook look excellent, so I suggest You go for it.

Back