HTC Explorer ..... Any Advice?

DavyJones

Disciple
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying htc explorer. I know that samsung mobiles are lot cheaper than htc but i decided to buy htc b'coz of the phone's build quality ( all my old phones have the habit of jumping from my pocket & landing on the ground
<
). what's ur opinion??? . If u guys have any suggestions on whether i should buy another one, then pls share .

I travel between hyd & cochin all the time . so pls suggest any shop in hyderabad/secunderabab or ernakulam where i can get the phone at cheap rate
<
. thnx in advance.

thnx a lot for your help guys. i guess i will stick with htc then... but i would prefer to buy from a nearby shop ( old habits are diff to go
<
) .....again thnx for the advice.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]HTC explorer has a ARM v7 processor which is way ahead of all the other Sub 10k androids.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]It also has a decent screen and 512MB of RAM.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]For ~9k its a very good buy.[/font]

very good phone....I used it for 4 months before it luckily went for 7.2 k and next day the price of the phone dropped to ~8.5.

Anyway its a great , it practically never lags.... NEVER. The screen is amazing , not being Gorilla Glasss , even then it did no catch one scratch and Im not a very delicate user.

The major major downer is its limited internal memory and and that too is filled with crap apps like NDTV cricket ......so you are stuck with with very less mem of about 30 Mb .......and that is the reason I changed to Lg Optimus 2x.

I was not able to download rss feeds . if you can get rid of stock ROM ( which I was scared to do as HTC has limited 3rd party supprted ROMS) , you can create some space.

Please consider this factor very seriously before buying , it basically lead me to sell my Explorer.

at current price point HTC Explorer is real VFM and you can always install apps on memory card if running out of space!

No matter where you install apps, some part of it is always on internal memory. The phone comes with 90mb and as 'akitosforever' has said if only 30mb is actually available I wouldnt touch this phone with a barge pole. It is ridiculous of HTC to sell a phone with such low internal memory. No matter how good the phone is in other aspects. Low internal memory is a deal breaker!

No matter where you install apps, some part of it is always on internal memory. The phone comes with 90mb and as 'akitosforever' has said if only 30mb is actually available I wouldnt touch this phone with a barge pole. It is ridiculous of HTC to sell a phone with such low internal memory. No matter how good the phone is in other aspects. Low internal memory is a deal breaker!

As i am using this phone for last 1 month now i can tell you that apart from low internal memory this phone is a gem of sub 10k category phones presently available in india.The user available memory is 105mb initially but under now i have only 30mb left.

This is when i have i installed 20-25 apps,but the phone does not even hag once sice i got it.

This has Armv7 neon architechture chipset,Adreno 200 gpu which can render all games without lag.Its a Soc basically.also i find a screen to be auite small but what more to ask for its current price which is 8.6k on ebay.

I have purchased this phone for 10.4k last month
<

Back