HTC Hero, Little green men at their best

Yup, even Indian one has the chin.

And there is no issue with the battery life on this phone. Its wayy more than likes of TD2. It has bigger battery anyway.

Shripad said:
Well I basically want my phones to look as good and new as possible :p

White gets dirty and smudgy really quickly. And I always prefer black when it comes to electronic gadgets. The matt black finish looks really good on this phone.

Let me know when you're selling this one. :p

^^ ha ha. But I think you may be surprised there is plenty to play with and always a new ROM to update, it's hard to get bored with a rooted phone :p

SharekhaN said:
How many weeks do you intend to use this phone?

12 weeks atleast, then we will see.....

:p
Actually there is one basic difference when it comes to android / apple phone and rest of the bunch. Android market and appstore. Its not easy to get bored when you have these two things with you :p

This is why I just changed to same model again ( and I got to pass along my white one to x-apple fanboy. So I did a good deed in converting 1 apple fan into android geek. ) but colour of my liking :p

John Anderton said:
Hey Shripad, could you tell me where you got the Hero from in Mumbai.. I've been looking for it for a while now :)

Its available almost everywhere now. Tried the mobile shop? They have it on display and in stock here ( Locked to airtel, but can be unlocked right then and there or you can call HTC customer care and they will provide official unlock code ). its also available in Anupam superstore at Borivali.

Oh sweet.. I've had my eye on it.. it looks really hot :) Performs pretty darn well too.

I've never actually bought a locked phone so a question.. how much does airtel charge you for it?

Its 100mb / month for 6 months. Thats more than what I was using on my pay as you use GPRS which I was using with airtel. I usually need 40-45mb / month for emails, TE and rarely ebay.

Shripad said:
Its 100mb / month for 6 months. Thats more than what I was using on my pay as you use GPRS which I was using with airtel. I usually need 40-45mb / month for emails, TE and rarely ebay.

100mb is a lot.. I think I've been getting sms' from Dolphin that they are providing free 3G for a month with 5MB bw for a month. Charges after that are like Rs 99/month with 5MB free usage and 1ps/KB or something after that.. :-/

Sad really :( I wish number interop would come in quickly so I can change providers with this number.. I can't let it go. I have a feeling I'll have to wait 2-5 years more.. :(

Back