HTC Legend or iPhone 3GS

After extensive research and advice from TE members, I had decided on getting the HTC Legend.

I have the money, got the proper dealer, almost ready to buy it by the month-end.

Bam, iOS4 came, iPhone 4 coming, and iPhone 3GS prices nosedive.

So as the thread title reads, Do I get the Legend for 22K or get a used iPhone 3GS 32GB for around the same price?

I read an article about Apple iOS 3 & 4 VS Android 2.1 "Eclair" & 2.2 "Froyo"

Source : Apple iOS 3 & 4 VS Android 2.1 "Eclair" & 2.2 "Froyo": Fight! | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

My dilema is -

1: The iOS4 is pretty much close to compete with Android 2.1, so why not get the iPhone? :huh:

OR

2 : Using the android on a friends HTC Hero was just amazing, the sence UI is awesone so why not the Legend? :huh:

kauzy said:
^^ but what if the divorced one is hot than the virgin one.. :p

on the side note, i feel u shud get the iPhone.. :)
It depends on what u consider hot....!!!

Lolzzz

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

orangewrath said:
Oh nope I actually saw the N900 at a Nokia Store, and its really not something I want, after using the N958Gig for over a year, I want something with a small form factor and the N900 is Huge!
The N900 is not anywhere close to any Android phones.....

My dealer tells me that the Galaxy S is for 27.5k..... Mumbai.

Consider it as well.

my suggestion is go for android (froyo) .. android market place already had around more than 100000 apps . Some of them very good when compared to multimedia .

Besides HTC has already made some changes on the UI which one is originally provided by google . So considering the awesome touch provided by iphone , I suppose it ' ll make much difference between the two.

As win mobile is somewhat lagging behind and android is booming with it's linux kernel & open source policy , it's not very far that future market cap will be of android .

So FOTA upgradation will not be that far to implement in android :)

orangewrath said:
Saw the video reviews of the Galaxy S, the build quality puts me off and many of my friends advised me against Samsung and hence I'm a little apprehensive about that.
how about moto milestone? Check with Giri a.k.a gdatuk at twitter.com/cgiridhar

he is using this phone and is very happy with it's performance.

desiibond said:
how about moto milestone? Check with Giri a.k.a gdatuk at twitter.com/cgiridhar

he is using this phone and is very happy with it's performance.
Thanks but no, very much bent up on the Legend (and partly because of your Legend thread :) )

I got a good quote for it and will probably get it this weekend.

Are you experiencing any problems with it as of now?

orangewrath said:
Thanks but no, very much bent up on the Legend (and partly because of your Legend thread :) )

I got a good quote for it and will probably get it this weekend.

Are you experiencing any problems with it as of now?
lol. I would say "welcome to the legend family" then :)

no problems for me with it till now. Just that am desperately waiting for Froyo :)

desiibond said:
lol. I would say "welcome to the legend family" then :)

no problems for me with it till now. Just that am desperately waiting for Froyo :)
Oh so its official that it ll get Froyo or just "reliable rumors"?

And the guy at Quick Connect quoted 22.5K, its been almost 2 months since you bought it at 24K right? Shouldn't have the price come down more? Or that does not happen with HTC's?

orangewrath said:
Oh so its official that it ll get Froyo or just "reliable rumors"?

And the guy at Quick Connect quoted 22.5K, its been almost 2 months since you bought it at 24K right? Shouldn't have the price come down more? Or that does not happen with HTC's?
yeah. 22.5k is a good price right now. Am not sure if it would ever drop below 20k coz you know how HTC prices it's phones. They rather release new modle at higher price than reducing the phone's price :)

yes. it was official from HTC. Acutally Legend, Desire and Wildfire will be the first ones to get Froyo update.

legend froyo - Google Search

Back