HTC Touch Pro 2 availability in India

Hi Guys..

One of my friend is desperately looking for Htc Touch Pro 2.

Any idea when it will be available in India and if it is available than where it is available.

Please do let me know.

:D

BUMP...

I'm looking for it too. I've contacted several dealers about it and they keep giving me vauge / uninformed release date estimates.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I finally managed to track down the sales office for HTC. It is located in Delhi.

I spoke to the Sales head for North India and he confrmed that the HTC Touch Pro 2 would not be available in India atleast for the next few months. As it stands they have absolutely no plans to ever release it in India. Apparently this is because the Cruise was not a big hit (how that has anything to do with the TP2, I fail to understand) and they feel that with the launch of the TD2 and the Magic, they have already over extended themselves.

It's sad, but atleast now, those of us who want to get one really bad, can go ahead and get it imported.

HTC Sales can be reached on the numbers below
+(91)-9910193399
+(91)-(11)-40514051
+(91)-(11)-40514052
#403, Regus Business Centre, Commercial Complex, D-4, Saket, Delhi - 110017

I also like to buy this handset very much,after much comparision with E90, though the spec did't actually match the E90, like the dual processor, video recording,Irda,GPRS and EDGE class 10 vrs class 32 etc

Anyway, I've searched the internet for the availability of the handset in India, and contacted one phone vendor from Delhi who claims to have the handset for Rs 31250/= so I've posted his address below. If anyone can confirm, pls let me know too at "dse7en(at)gmail.com". I've also confirmed that it is an authorised HTC Dealer from the HTC website.

Naresh Electronics

Building : 157

Area : Karol Bagh

Pin : 110005

Tel. : +(91)-(11)-65117700, 25801074, 25801075

Mobile. : +(91)-9818404520

I was waiting for it to be launched here :(. Guess I'll have to get it abroad. Anybody has any idea about prices in Brussels, Belgium (my sis is going there)? Are the phones locked there?

Ok i've got god news.

It seems the information that se7en posted above is valid. I spoke to the dealer today and he assures me that it is the TP2 and not the old TP. He is importing the phone from the UK. The price is as mentioned by se7en.

I told him I would be interested in buying 2 phones from him and that we might collectively be able to buy upto 6 phones based on the interest I have seen here on TE.

He will have them in stock on Wednesday (19-08-09). I will ask a friend of mine in Delhi to visit him and have this checked out.

If any of you want the TP2... please PM me or perferably post your interest here. Let's hope that with more orders we can bring it down to the sub 30k range.

Oh and FYI... although this goes unsaid... there is no warranty.

Thanks for the PM. I'm interested. 99% confirmed depending on financial position as and when the deal is confirmed. Subscribing to this thread for updates.

My sis didn't contact me while she was abroad so missed out on importing it through her.

hii..
@seven: hey thanks seven for the info abt indian importer..

@satan: buddy i gave money to a frnd of mine who is leaving on tuesday for singapore to get me a tp2........ but if ur plans works out, we can get the fones from delhi.. i live in delhi only.. wil call naresh elec. in morning and wil ask for the deal.. but one thing i am concerned is would we can get the fone fixed in any type of accident? warranty is not a matter as getting it from singapore with local warranty would have no warranty in india and i have talked to htc sales on number given above.. they say they can give software support but not for hardware...

but i am definitely ready to buy it rite now!!!!

Meh!

The Touch Pro 2 is for 32K-32.5K

The Touch HD is for 42K-42.5K

Call up Asian Electronics (Rajouri Garden)

Address:

#J139

Main Market

Rajouri Garden

Delhi -110027

Ph: 01141012374, 01125461751

Cell: 9810035379, 9891008747

They have the Touch diamond 2 as well.

yeaa i knw.. as per international markets, HD is 2-4 K cheaper than tp2...
so my assessment says its coz of warranty.. they r offering national warranty on HD and as tp2 is imported.. evn widout duty so it is widout any warranty plus has no spare parts available with HTC india as their sales head told me..
rest i will get to know when i would talk to these retailers.. but i am surely buying it by 20th aug.. in india or in singapore... or else from clove in uk :p

Don't take my word for it and that's what the contact details are for :) Rattle their cage a bit and they'll blurt out the truth. The prices I've mentioned were given to my friend. I'll soon be storming their store coz I'm myself hunting for the TP2 and/or HD.

yeaa.. monday is a hectic day for me!! wid my frnd in singapore waitin for my yes to buy tp2...
I would hav check about the warranty details n from whr the tp2 is from.. as uk and singapore models are preferred coz htc updates are gud enuf for them.. i dnt wnt a german tp2 n get stuck up wid the german htc updates!!
These guys must hav some catch if they are offering tp2 at these price..
although tp2 in singapore also costs at 33-34K presently..

@cyn1c... in my opinion go for tp2.. its just 0.2 inch less in screen n cam is 3.2.. but luk at the bigger picture! one of the best keyboard ever wid tilt plus a better rom.....

umm a better rom? You know it as well as I do, we'll be installing a cooked ROM for WinMo6.5 anyway. HD's shipped with 6.1 but I have no clue about the TP2's default ROM though.

Dutty's R8, R9, R9Turbo and now the R11 have been really famous. If you dig deeper into the user opinions on gsmarena, 2 guys named Anthony and Dexter Morgan have been doing it all along for the HD and a guy named Rico has been working with the community on the TP2, along with the pointers from the XDA forums. The keyboard is nice but i'm actually gunning for a phone that's minus a keyboard. I might change my mind though but for now, it's HD :)

@dj27007... I was quite surprised about the pricing myself.

Even the lousy looking T-Mobile US variant of the TP2 is going for nothing less than $500 plus shipping which is why I was skeptical when "se7en" made his post regarding the pricing.

In your case, I think it would be best if you got it from Singapore, reason being that should anything go wrong, you can always send the phone through someone heading towards Singapore (which is quite common) and have it fixed under warranty.

Getting the phone locally from India (in this case Naresh Electronics), I doubt they will be willing to honor the warranty for any phones we buy from them.

He has asked me to call him on Wednesday. If you do decide to pick it up in India, it would be great if you could go and meet with him on Wednesday and check things out for us.

Regarding the HD... well HTC officially launched it in India quite some time ago... so obviously you are going to get it with HTC India Warranty (which is probably why it might be slightly mroe expensive than the "customs free" ;) TP2s)

@Naga... I was eyeing some good deals on eBay.co.uk and eBay.com... The original HTC TP2 is very hard to get below the $600 mark and the US T-Mobile (read: bastardized version) variant is available from relatively unknown sellers for nothing less than 500-550. So I figured there's no point... we might as well get them here.

If all goes well, we could pick it up this week... sounds good to you?

Regarding the warranty... I'm going to try and talk to this dealer and workout something with him should our phones go bad. Let's see how that goes.

@ALL
I don't have mail access at the moment... Can somebody please infrom "se7en" about this? His email is "dse7en(at)gmail.com".

Back