HTC Touch Pro 2 availability in India

@satan, thanks for all the info bro.. n ya will contact naresh elec n keep u all updated..

I just contacted naresh electronic.. they hav tp2 in stocks... can provide tmrw as gaffar is closed on monday.. currently he quoted me 32K... and the thing on warranty is that there is no warranty, just 1-2 days to check n replace if any defect.. btw, my another contact in karol bagh confirmed naresh is importing it and is like the supplier of grey market handsets!!
I was planning to go today itself but as market are closed, so no use..

I talked to asian elec too.. he asked me to call bak in half hr :p

@satan, bro as u said tht i shld go for a singapore set, i have a doubt tht if in any case my set goes bad n i hav no1 goin thr for sme time thn i wld hv to luk for the option of gettn it repaired in India, and as i do so.. the warranty wld b void.. so i isnt it better to get it frm India only? atleast tht guy cld guide me to a gud repairer in case it goes bad.. isnt it?? bit confused... rest also depends on wht price i get in singpore.. tht i wil get to knw by tuesday only..

Well ofcourse... if you are absolutely sure that you have no one to take it back to Singapore with them to get it fixed under warranty... then there is no point in buying it from there... let's all pick it up from this guy and see if we can get a better price on it.

As it stands, there are already 3 of us in line to buy it.

hey guys.. tomrw i may head for karol bagh to enquire for the dreamset tp2!!! btx i talked to asian electronics too.. they are not having tp2 in stocks but they could arrange for them... they will also quote me the prices tomrw only... soo lets hope i could crack a deal.. btw.. i am not able to go below 32K till now, who had a chat for 31.25K wid naresh electronics??

also a doubt... would we be able to get updates for these handsets from the htc site?? they ask for the S/N of the handset.. i hope the set being of the grey market wld not hamper the update process.........

@dj27007

We need to bring him down to 30k. I'll tel you what... call me when you are going down to the shop. I have PM'ed my number to you.

@Naga... I have PM'd my number to you as well. Give me a call and we can work this out.

Regarding the updates... I don't think it really matters. Before you know it you would have HardSPL'd it and running your choice of customs roms.

@ satan.. i hav noted down ur number bro.. will gve u a call whn i reach karol bagh 2day at arnd 3-4pm

also i have contacted vaishno elec in karol bagh.. he also an importer and auth. htc retailer like naresh elec... he quoted me 31K on fone.. lets c wht he quotes whn i meet him...

@satan.. well that said, hw do u guyz plan to buy it? as by ur code, u r sittin in bangalore buddy... n to be honest, i need to buy my fone by wednesday as i told u abt tht singapore thing!!... so u guyz figure out how could we go ahead and buy them together.. rest we will talk on fone :D.... cheers!!

@satan.. bro just a query.. i am coming to mysore in september to join infy.. soo can u tell me whc is the best operator in mysore and is there edge services available in mysore, specially in airtel... i guess bsnl is not offering 3G there? plz contact airtel's karnatka cust care n ask them if u can buddy... I dnt want my tp2 useless wid no net in infy mysore!! thnks :)

1) One of my friends' in Delhi will help with buying the phone for me and Naga. Once you have confirmed everything, I will ask him to join you in Karol Bagh.

2) You can defintiely use AirTel in mysore. You can get the Rs. 140 / week unlimited Internet access pack. It works out to about Rs. 560 per month.

Gonna keep an eye on this. Please do update your visit's details in this thread. I'm really looking forward to getting the Touch HD.

@ satan.. thanks for the plan details bro! sounds gr8 in 560 pm

@cyn1c.. bro touch hd is already available in india wid warranty.. the tp2 we r goin to get wld b widout warranty!!

Thanks dj..but do the priority dealers differ in their pricing? I just wanna know if I could pick it up from karol bagh instead of Rajouri garden due to the prices offered by Asian electronics.

@cyn1c.. buddy u can contact asian elec and naresh elec.. i believe thr wld nt b much difference in prices.. hardly of 400-500 bucks.. and for the issue of claiming the warranty both wld take almost same time.. as small repairs are done in india.. for major repairs its either sent to hong kong, taiwan or singapore (the only three htc care centre) or u get replacements.. still i wld say.. go for karol bagh as u can get local repairing people thr..

anyways also try on vaishno electronics: 011 25801768‎, 09810956020‎

vaishno n naresh are among the oldest n mst trustworthy in karol bagh..

n also.. htc priority dealers might offer u bit higher prices.. but better services if u go for availing ur warranty n all..

@ satan.... bro plz talk to naga n decide 4 the purchase soon.. i wld go ahead n buy the handset on friday.. cant wait longer :p (lost my 98% patience).. jst keep me informed for the developments...

@DJ

Spoke to Naga... He's decided to send a friend of his to Karol Bagh directly.

If I can't get my friend in Delhi on the phone by tomorrow, please go ahead and pick up your phone.

@satan.. alrite buddy.. hope ur frnd cme along on friday.. naresh elec askn for 32K presently as i confirmed again 2day.. n askd him to keep a stock of 3pcs.. and yea also luk for any accessories u may require.. tell abt any u need to ur frnd.. like bluetooth headset, screen guard (its like mandatory :p), jack for mini usb n 3.5mm.. or tv out cable.. and yea specially a micro sd card.. thr is 200 smethng mbs of space on handset.. so u need a microsd card..

hi frnd i also want to buy tp2 i already talk 2 bm of htc india they told me tp2 nt come in india atleast mid 2010 so please tell me a gud source of buy tp2 in delhi i want 2 buy with in sept

Back