HTC Touch Pro 2 availability in India

@ rheo.. buddy read our previous posts.. tp2 is selling at arnd 32K in delhi presently but with bill n warranty.. I am gettn it tomrw :)

hi dj i read all previous posts if i buy 2 tp2 in delhi karolbagh i hope price will be around 30k please tell me should pt2 support 3g in india u post that u buy this phone today please tell me availability of tp2

@rheo.. buddy m probably buyin it tomrw.. naresh elec. says they hav a stock of 2-4 pcs.. bt dnt knw if u cld break thm till 30K for 2 sets.. bt u cn try.. the box wld mst probably b a sealed one.. u cn check evrythn thr.. plus they say if u hv any problem (manufacturing defect) within a week, thn u cn get it checked or replaced...

@rheo.. and yea also abt forgery.. naresh elec is kinda trusted one.. i n my frnz hv personally bought couple of sets frm him.. n vaishno elec.. is the mst trustworthy for me in gaffar.. i help 3 of my frnz get iphone frm him whn it ws launched 4 the first time (iphone 2g).. they all were gud.. plus i hv personally bought 4-5 sets frm him for me n my family.. rest if still u face any problem wid ur tp2 in future after buyin frm thm, thn its just real bad luck!!

@satan.. okk buddy.. btw i need last time piece of advice.. should i buy it from gaffar?? wht u think? :p though m 99% surely buying it tomrw...

thanks dj buddy i will definitely go on wednesday 2 buy this phone if u buy tomorrow please tell me what accessory u get in the box :)

@rheo.. yea sure buy it... i hv even updated my fcbk status as m taking a big risk tmrw ;) (a 32k fone without warranty).. btw u get standard accessories i guess.. a stereo headset, fone, 2 cds, a leather cover, additional stylus, 2 guides, battery, charger (probably uk) and data cable... no tv out cable and probably no screen guard (as it was included initially) n also no micro sd card in box...

and about the 3G... it supports 900/2100 mhz bands n india 2100 wld b alloted for 3g.. though we cant check it as sch coz thr is hardly any 3g available.. I havnt got any info of it being used on mtnl's 3g in delhi n mumbai or bsnl's 3g in 11 indian cities.. but i am pretty sure it will wrk on indian 3g... rumors of it not working on indian 3g came frm the fact tht its not wrkn on US 3g.. as most (or all) of the netwrks in US are cdma based.. even the gsm netwrks there offer 3g for locked netwrk specific fones... seriously m gambling on this 3g thing.. bt as i think n hope.. it will wrk on indian 3g (2100 remember?) when 3g services are properly available.. cheers!!

and yea.. i remember one more thing... i hav checked wid airtel, atleast this phone is in their list of compatible edge/gprs fones.. yea.. they wil send the auto settings for gprs/edge for this fone (though its not officially in india)... rest as u raised the question.. i will try to dig into mtnl 3g services n airtel for mre info early in the morning tomrw buddy!!

Don't worry guys. Go buy it in peace.

1 week testing warranty is good enough. Like I said, usually the only problems most people have is with the Touch Screen. Those are pretty simple to fix and are not very expensive.

The phone you are buying supports the Asian 3G bands... so when it finally does reach all of us, you will be able to use it.

Good luck and congratulations in advance. Looking forward to seeing pics in the show-off section soon.

Had a talk with Naresh and Asian. They both don't have stocks right now. Vaishno was very rude. They just said they don't have in stock and cut off the phone. Seems Asian had imported 100 units for a corporate order with full warranty and had a few pieces left but it's all sold out :(. They also said that it might be launched in India by next month. In the meantime he said he'd try to source a grey one and asked me to call in a weeks time if I really wanted one.

Problem is my friend's in Delhi only till tomorrow. He was supposed to pick up the Pro2 from naresh tomorrow :mad: !

Any ideas what to do now?

LOL.

Poor DJ... he's at Naresh's place and there are no pieces available.

Anyways, i've asked him to get the best possible price for 3 or 4 units.

We can set up a GO. Once all the payments are made, I can get my friend to go pay him an advance and then order all the units. Once he receives the stock we can pay in full and finish it up.

Cool?

heyy guyz.. i believe sme of u were counting on me today.. bt i invest my whole day in karol bagh.. tried at kamla nagar n rajouri garden markets too.. no stock at all :(..... i was there to purchase one set in the stormy delhi weather, but bad luck!! they say that they are tryn 2 get it tomrow or by day after..

@naga.. buddy I wil try to convince them to get it tomrw.. if ur frnd is thr to buy then i can pressurize them for 2 sets as i am in a hurry too!! btw.. abt tht asian elec thing abt the 100 sets.. i dnt knw hw mch true is tht coz he told be tht too bt had sme loopholes.. (1) htc said clearly tht they cnt give a hardware service as thr r no spare parts in india.. coz i told thm i wld get 2 yr international warranty from clove uk.. n they said no use!! they can jst provide software support.. n believe me xda-developers r better than htc in software support!! (2) asian told me tht they sold those sets for abt 40K.. bit high :p
and also buddy as per my recommendation.. vaishno elec is the most trustworthy.. might sound bit rude.. naresh is gud too!!

btw.. today naresh was asking 33K :O.. later dropped to 32.25K.. grey markets fluctuates just like tht.. my contact says tht he cld get him down by arnd 500 bucks mre on the price he offers on the day we buy it.. plus if we buy 2-4 together.. he might evn give upto 1000 more in discount per pc.. soo plz decide asap guyz.. i m loosing my patience badly for dis!!! seriously i was buying it on wednesday for 32K.. but i stalled for u guys.. tht we cld buy together (tht wld gve me sme discount too :p)....... soo plz decide fast n coordinate.. i wil keep pursuing naresh n vaishno.. plus another one i met today.. i wld try to track asian too.. though he himself get it frm gaffar..

Back