HTC Wildfire vs LG Optimus P500

I'm looking to buy an Android phone.

Since this will be my 2nd/backup/personal usage phone (I already have a BB for official use), I do not want to spend more than 10-12k on it.

I'm confused between HTC Wildfire and LG Optimus P500.

My requirements:
1. QWERTY like typing
2. Good battery life
3. GPS, BT, WiFi
4. Good camera

HTC Wildfire seems to fulfill all of the above. But its Android 2.1. And the Optimus is 2.2 (but I have heard HTC is better than any other brand when it comes to Android handsets).

I would like to know - what big deal is it to upgrade the firmware on an Android?

Like Nokia/BB, can we not upgrade to the next available version?

its actually a tussle between the build+cam of HTC Vs the Package of Lg.

I surely would want a better camera and a good built quality which HTC provides.

Lg looked totally offputting.

Cudnt they have designed the phone a lil better ? Always has to be some glaring flaw in that perfect phone.

I had got my O1 for 11.5k in Jan as my first Android and I can proudly say that it doesn't disappoint a bit. I did void my warranty on my 2nd day of owning it :p but it was worth it. The stock experience changes dramatically once you wake up the nerd in you. Already has a bunch of custom roms but more importantly a modified kernel with much improved response and overclocking capability going well over 800Mhz. Already there is a semi-working version of Gingerbread though I am really waiting for the official LG release to be modded by the community.

Back