Huawei E173

major9

Adept
I'd like to know about the performance of Huawei E173. I was looking for Huawei E122 but it looks like it no longer available.
Btw. I plan to use it with BSNL 3G.

TIA

^^Thanks. Does it have option for external antennae ?

The lowest I could find on Ebay is for Rs.2080 + 55 shipping. I've got a 15% voucher with me, that'll make it around Rs.1800 :D

Yes, it does have external antennae option.

If 1800, then go for it. I got it at 1650 with 150 off :D

can you post the link for extenal antenna.

how are you using it with your E173? i have same modem but it doesn't have any antenna slot

^^ could you tell me if this one has the external antenna slot?

Huawei E173 3G USB Modem 7.2MBPS Broadband Data Card | eBay

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Whew..so many listings on ebay for E173- some of them advertise SMS/call facility, while some of them don't.
Am confused - are these different hardware versions of E173, or is just the firmware? :) or maybe it's just a matter of the same product advertised differently ?

^ the ebay listing that you gave is from a TE dealer so why don't you PM here or ask a question on Ebay :)

That one looks same as the one I've got and nowhere in the product descirption or pics it shows antenna slot

^^ Oh...itwares...I didnt realize dvdshopdelhi and theitwares was the same guy !!

Hmm...anyways I'll shoot a question on e-bay. Just wanted to check if you guys knew a method to differentiate :)

arvnd said:
^^ Oh...itwares...I didnt realize dvdshopdelhi and theitwares was the same guy !!

Hmm...anyways I'll shoot a question on e-bay. Just wanted to check if you guys knew a method to differentiate :)
Check out the dealers section of TE,dvdstoredelhi and itwares are two different guys, dvdstoredelhi deals in 3G modems and you can contact him via PM for getting a better price than ebay :)

arvnd said:

dvdstoredelhi's website is theitbazaar.com

But I would recommend as RS4 said go via TE route as it can differ couple hundred bucks from ebay

RS4 said:
Check out the dealers section of TE,dvdstoredelhi and itwares are two different guys, dvdstoredelhi deals in 3G modems and you can contact him via PM for getting a better price than ebay :)
thatsashok said:
dvdstoredelhi's website is theitbazaar.com

But I would recommend as RS4 said go via TE route as it can differ couple hundred bucks from ebay
Supra said:
Thanks guys!! My bad. I saw theitbazaar.com and somehow thought it's theitwares.com

1750 is good price. However I have a 10% off ebay coupon which gives me the same stuff at 1670 :) So thought I'd stick to ebay.

I contacted dvdstoredelhi. However he said that his modem doesnt have a provision of connecting external antenna. He was not sure about video calling either.

I'm eying another listing - Huawei E173 3G usb modem Data Card 7.2Mbps HSUPA Model | eBay

Maybe it's the same thing - however the listing says it supports video calling, MMS etc etc - and also looks a bit different - black color :p

I received it just now. Device looks real good in black color. Build quality is better than I expected.

Installation and setting up the device was a breeze. Am able to browse the net, make calls, send sms etc. Been using it for some 10-20 minutes now. So far so good. Am satisfied with the purchase.

Currently I've put my 2G SIM in it. I got a new 3G SIM which is not activated yet. Will let u know when it's ready and I check the speed.

Back