Huawei E173

Sorry fro hijacking this thread, i got a new umg1831 modem and using my aircel 2g sim. Previously i use my nokia 2700 as modem and the speed is shown as 460kbps, but now on my 1831 modem it is shown as 236.8 kbps :(

Any reason for this speed drop

you know what,

my brand new atrix shows only 2-3 signal bars and its still holds on to calls and all but my 3 yrs old nokia e51 gets full signal and has better voice quality.

height is on 3g of docomo,nokia is just 3.6mbps hsdpa and atrix as you know is 14.4 mbps.

now i dont know whether its docomo who is up to mischief but speedtests are locked on 500 kbps and nokia gives far better throughout .

I am not able to explain this.'I blame docomo as i think they might have capped network speed.

Sumit05 said:
@ arvnd - Can u tell is it factory unlocked or manually unlocked ?

hey sorry...missed to update you guys. It's not factory unlocked (it has a megaphone logo on it, so I'm sure it must be have been locked originally). It was obviously manually unlocked by the ebay seller.

For me it didnt matter. I didnt change any settings. Just plugged in my BSNL SIM, installed the software that came we the device, and I was good to go :)

With BSNL 3G SIM I'm getting about 1.4 Mbps download speed and 0.45 Mbps upload speed. Which is good enough for me :)

Though on second thoughts, a 3.6 Mbps device might have been enough I guess.

hey :)

gonna have to get this modem soon :)

I really need to know if I can some how use my beetel router with this USB modem ( 220 BXI ) without wifi so I can continue to have network sharing ?
plz can someone help me in this...thx !

Back