Hunt for a Tablet.

not yet.

Right now only ipad1 is in list. nothing else is worthwhile or in budget actually. :S.

I would have loved that adam. but the qlty/support/reliability of the tablet makes me not go for it.

techpal said:
I have both Ipad and Galaxy Tab and galaxy tab is definately better all in one device. With ipad u need one computer/laptop for sync etc but no need with galaxy tab and that what i love abt it .Its a portable computer plus a phone.

Could not agree more.For me 7"is perfect mix of portability and usability.

buy the motorola xoom...wifi version costs $599 and its the best android tab out there..you read reviews all over the net

@vantheman5211-dude that will halve the battery life..seriously..

If you want a productivity device along with a tablet, then look for MSI Windpad, below 30K, and once you start using a capable tablet, after the initial euphoria you will want to do more, Ipad and similar devices cant do that(Ipad specifically is great as such, but after 3-4 months, all I used to do on it was, browse occasionally, read during my free time, which was only in the loo, :p) . This is where Win7 based tablets would/should work.

if your planning to buy Galaxy Tab then wait till June end, the new variant of the Galaxy Tab is going to be launched!!!

I see just passing mentions of the Notion Ink Adam. What happened with that?
There was so much hype around the Notion Ink Adam, the specs were excellant, the initial videos were promising, delays on the way just increased the hype. And finally when it released this January, there is just no news on it. I just saw a couple of reviews(both good if not excellant) from not very reputed sources, and that was it. Still cant find a PCMAG, gizmodo or endgadget reviews.
Has anyone here on TE bought the Adam, its still available for preorder, but the initial reviews said it was good but needed some upgrades, bigger marketplace, etc. Would love to see some real feedback about it.

So folks... one question before i take the plunge.

Galaxy tab or Ipad 1 16 or 32GB.

My main uses are Watching Avi/mkv videos( i prefer without conversion ), CBR,CBZ,bmp magazines and comics, Pdf's, ebooks, browsing.

For mkv and avi I found oplayer hd to be very good for ipad but it sucks up the battery little faster.

16:10 aspect ratio is another bummer.

Tab on the other hand plays almost everything with a more conventional 16:9 a.r BUT the display is inferior compared to ipad.

Apps wise both are just fine(I am no apps junkie and for me 90%of both android and ios apps are useless)

Definately TAB is better for movie watching. Out of box it can play upto 1080 mkv/avi files in its default player. It can even play flv files. And ya aspect ratio is just bad for movie watching on ipad. I had both but never watched movie on ipad just coz of its aspect ratio.

yikes.

so thats 2 for 2. And i do hate the conversion and stuff, i just want to drag and drop the items and work it. :(.

Also are these tablets good for gaming? say racing or FPS?. anything comparable to psp??.

Please advise.

Back