Android I bought the new... Sony Xperia Z1

It is never wise to be an early adopter. Wait it out, see what common issues crop up and then decide whether it is a good buy or not.

Better go with Samsung ;) Less to worry
When i read the comments about experiences people had with the S4, some opted to go with the Z1 instead of the N3.

OP's issue is very simple, he got a defective unit. Replace it and try again. Its not like he cannot do this.

Z1 has the best camera on android for now. The bulk of the complaints i've seen are it does not do well in superior auto mode in low light. To do better here requires manual. It requires some knowledge about taking photos but once you have that the photos tend to be quite good. Most people who complain don't seem to be able to learn this part. All the reviews you see are auto shootouts. If this camera did better in auto mode its then branded as the better camera, but the differences are becoming more narrow with this years batch. The skill of the user in actually taking photos is becoming more important now.

Effectively this is your 'one star reviewer' issue you see on amazon. Every product has 1 star reviews, the more popular it is the more one star reviews you see. Assessing how valid their complaints actually are is a difficult & tedious process. Are they right or just ignorant of how the product is to be used. I find one out of ten of them know what they're talking about. This requires you to know quite a lot just to be able to get the valid 1 star reviews. Then when solutions are mentioned these people either run away or have taken a sworn oath never to buy from 'x' company ever again. So we never get to see or rarely whether the fixes are legit or not. All this leads to incomplete info that feeds rumours and influences perceptions.

Last edited:
Sony Xperia Z1 @ 37397 (8 pcs already sold) on ebay with Manufacturer warranty. The guy has already sold 29 pcs @ 41, 199.

with Freebies
1: Original Carrying Case – Premium design flip case, worth Rs 2,990/-
2: Portable USB Charger– CP-F5 from Sony, 5,000mAh big charging capacity, worth Rs 2,790/-
3: ADP Program– Xperia Accidental Damage Cover by Brand (For Details Visit Sony website).

@comp@ddict, did you also get any freebies along with your purchase?

Last edited:
Been waiting since 2 weeks. Phone has been with Homeshop18 since 30th of September. no refund nothing as of yet. I call them everyday. Stuck in a situation, 40k of my money stuck. No phone... Sigh

They've received your unit and they need to make a call on whether a replacement should be issued. I've yet to see a demo unit that i can play with. The Z1 went on sale over two weeks back, and i hear they will have a demo real soon now.

hehe, you read that as well..

I don't believe that FK did 7 replacements, one ok, two max, then they refund your money and tell you to get lost. People are having trouble convincing the service centre that there is indeed a hue issue then how can this guy get 7 replacements !?

if you look at OP, he still has not got his FIRST replacement yet. Sony is taking their time.

Sony xperia Z1 F announced, almost same specs with smaller screen.. Will cost 35k hopefully..

I'm on a droid dna, and I'm thinking whether I should invest in the lg g2 @32.2k or xperia z1 f..

never showed 32378. just shows 2200 off from 36793. Still at 35k a good deal. but its indiatimes so im not sure.

@prateekS
http://goo.gl/62laJg
If you want card slot, better camera, IP 58 (Dust Proof and water Proof, all those crazy mumbai rains) but smaller screen with Half HD then Sony Xperia Z1 F (mini)
else bigger screen but no card slot and Dolby digital speakers then LG G.

Personally I'd go with Sony (among these 2) but then Sony's A.S.S :(

Back