Android I bought the new... Sony Xperia Z1

Very aggressively priced :eek:

So which one to go for g2 or Z1f.

At 32k the g2 is a good deal, nice big screen. Size isn't all that much though i've yet to hold one in my hands as yet. only downside is the low light handling isn't very good and video frame rate drops so you'll get stuttering in videos. Also the focus tends to search excessively even on a stationary subject. This might be fixed by some future firmware.

How big is your current phone ?

Last edited:
Are you sure you'll receive your phone from indiatimes. Most likely scenario is your 32k will be stuck for months until you pay akosha 1k to retrieve it somehow and feel relieved :p

Are you sure you'll receive your phone from indiatimes. Most likely scenario is your 32k will be stuck for months until you pay akosha 1k to retrieve it somehow and feel relieved :p

My last 10 orders from indiatimes have been hasslefree,i have purchased books,home appliances (50k+ ones too) , mobile phones etc..

The time you are referring to is from 2-3 years back.

Very aggressively priced :eek:

So which one to go for g2 or Z1f.

At 32k the g2 is a good deal, nice big screen. Size isn't all that much though i've yet to hold one in my hands as yet. only downside is the low light handling isn't very good and video frame rate drops so you'll get stuttering in videos. Also the focus tends to search excessively even on a stationary subject. This might be fixed by some future firmware.

How big is your current phone ?

Actually ,No phone matches G2 at this price.

Im using a HTC Droid DNA atm.( Verizon Butterfly).

Imported next gen nexus 4 at 16GB for $299 + shipping + duty ?

Not if you want a SD card slot and warranty, though I would definitely give preference to Nexus 5 over the G2. But that is just me and I have been using only Nexus devices for the last year now. I do get other phones to try out but I always have my Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver.

Not if you want a SD card slot and warranty, though I would definitely give preference to Nexus 5 over the G2. But that is just me and I have been using only Nexus devices for the last year now. I do get other phones to try out but I always have my Galaxy Nexus as my daily driver.
If Nexus 5 is announced this month end then will it possibly be available in India? Will it be same like 6 months later as it happened with Nexus 4. What do you think? or is it possible to import it? but how?

Yeah well SD card kinda kills it. LG released G2 in Korea with removable battery & micro sd, but in the rest of the world ? NO!

Warranty is for the risk averse, you people are bulls :D

[DOUBLEPOST=1381436583][/DOUBLEPOST]
If Nexus 5 is announced this month end then will it possibly be available in India? Will it be same like 6 months later as it happened with Nexus 4. What do you think? or is it possible to import it? but how?
You can get the nexus 7 through amazon global shipping. Ship to mouth :)

Next Nexus 4 through amazon ? maybe

Next nexus 4 in india, who knows, next year more likely.

My bad. I thought G2 came with a micro-sd slot.
The only news troubling me regarding the Nexus 5 is that the 16GB version has a 2300 mAh battery whereas the 32GB version has the same battery as the G2. Now instead of paying $399+taxes+shipping+international shipping+customs for the 32GB version the G2 makes much more sense, especially if they have the same hardware. Also if that is the case, someone will be able to port the Nexus 5 ROM for it.

No, you will not get nexus 5 roms on your G2, they have different internals.

There was a hack with the nexus 4 which turned a 32GB optimus G into a 16GB but there was a risk of hard bricking the device. These sorts of hacks are not worth it, if you want nexus then get a nexus.

G2 makes sense at 32k but getting it at that price in a timely manner remains to be seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1381438044][/DOUBLEPOST]
Been using the LG G2 for over a week now. Excellent phone I MUST SAY
So you did get an exchange for the Z1 then ?

You don't want the 16GB model, better to go for the 32GB since there is no Sd card facility.[DOUBLEPOST=1381483715][/DOUBLEPOST]
Heh, the only mini that isn't crippled unlike samsung mini.

Course htc is doing its best to leave inida, htc mini is more expensive than htc one :D

I used nexus 4 16gb earlier, now droid dna 16gb..im okay with 16.

All I want to know is that does anything beat g2@32.3k?

Also s4 mini for 20.5k approx today..

Back