I don’t ferry fat people: Auto driver tells woman

avi

Skilled
When Asmi Shah asked the auto driver to stop so she could pick up her mother, he asked if she was as fat as her, then told her to get off as she was slowing down his auto.

An auto driver forced a travel agent to get off half-way to her Juhu office telling her that she was slowing down his auto as she was 'too fat'.

The woman immediately took out her phone and took a picture of his number plate as he drove off. She has also complained to the police, determined to track him down.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...o-driver-tells-woman/articleshow/51805599.cms

cant blame the autowalla, they have tiny engines and with just 2 people inside i have seen it struggle on flyovers and sometimes even stall while climbing. then if it had stalled the woman would have refused to pay for any delays and created a scene and the poor autowalla would have faced a loss in his meagre income. The dumb woman and the dumber police , why even entertain a flimsy complain when bigger matters need attention. what legal crime has the autowalla done that the police has to take action?

quoting the clearly obese woman " if I go to the local police they could at least book him under some offence," said Shah. She herself does not know what offense and wants police to act. LOL. If only she took that much effort to control her diet and start exercising. Typical woman always blaming others.

Last edited:
cant blame the autowalla, they have tiny engines and with just 2 people inside i have seen it struggle on flyovers and sometimes even stall while climbing.
actually, it's pointless. As long as she is able to fit comfortably inside the auto, you can safely say that the auto was designed to carry her.

On planes, they would charge you for two seats if your butt doesn't fit in one. :p... I'm sure that fat lady wasn't hanging outside the auto - to be deemed as oversized cargo :d

If only she took that much effort to control her diet and start exercising. Typical woman always blaming others.
How do you know that reason for her fatness is her diet and not hormonal imbalance or some other problem?
Also did that auto got a license citing the weight limit? Did she weigh more than a muscular man? This is pure stereotyping.
The woman does not need to know about the IPC, police are supposed to find that out.
The minimum thing I can think of is discrimination based on body shape/size

Last edited:
How do you know that reason for her fatness is her diet and not hormonal imbalance or some other problem?
Also did that auto got a license citing the weight limit? Did she weigh more than a muscular man? This is pure stereotyping.
The woman does not need to know about the IPC, police are supposed to find that out.
The minimum thing I can think of is discrimination based on body shape/size
This is assumed just like it is assumed the woman is not lying to harass someone as she herself has no proof the autowalla refused to take her for a ride because of her weight. She could be just haggling too much and when driver refused to lower his rate she may have threatened i'l upload you pics just like jasleen kaur incident. Everythingis on assumptions on both sides of the story so no conclusion can be drawn right now. Also she might have more people with her and together they would have exceeded the manufacturer specified weight limit for a auto which the driver was dutifully following. We have bike taxis also in gurgaon and a 100-125cc bike has typically max limit of 180-200 kg specified. Assuming a driver is 70 kg and a 131 kg woman comes and asks for a ride. The driver will have to break one law or another else the woman will keep crying discrimination. :p

Back