I feel terrible for the Indian scammers

Do they? They don't show any news as far as I can see. Irrelevant BS like drugs in Bollywood is keeping them running.

If they actually started showing bad news the way they did before 2014, this government would have no place to hide.

Advertisers feeling the negativity in Indian channels

No, somehow they are learning that the political instability brought in by this toxicity is harming the economy and their own growth.
These monsters never think beyond the profits.

The very brands that advertise on leading news channels. All this is PR exercise to save face while they continue to pump money in such channels

These companies too are puppets in the hands of the media. It doesn't take much for these media houses to bring them down. Remember how Maggi noodles was targeted with lead % being greater than safe limits. This was based on one small report by Sunita Narain's CSE. They never intended to say that Maggi is bad. All that there wanted to say is the level of pollution in our food and how even big and popular products are affected. The media never bothered to clarify why the lead levels in Maggi was high. The problem was not with Maggi but with the onions that was grown in areas with high lead in the soil.

The way some doctors/ private hospitals are behaving in India and looting helpless patients, IMHO they are worse than small scammers.

I have received few calls/ and a lot of emails from India ( few patients or their family members remained in touch with me, though I left clinical medicine more than a decade ago) some of the hospital bills emailed to me were beyond ridiculous.
I've worked in corporate hospitals in India and I've never seen a single patient billed for 10/15 ABGs in one night shift ( we often did multiple ABGs, but never billed for them!!
Also almost every investigation has become waaay more expensive and they vary wildly from one hospital to another ( often in the same hospital!! Specially in critical care units!!)
And the sheer number of multi speciality referrals got me scratching my head.
A patient in covid encephalopathy was referred to neurology ( for altered sensorium) , gastroenterology ( for abnormal liver enzymes), hematology ( for low platelet count), pulmonologisy ( for ARDS) and a ****ing dermatologist ( for typical covid 19 skin rash on toes/feet) and the patient was admitted under critical care team.
Of course I'm not in clinical medicine anymore but I did my MD in medicine first and treated enough covid patients to understand what's going on.
And I don't know whom to blame.
Post automatically merged:

The online scammers are doing unethical things to have 2 square meals, these people are doing these things to upgrade to the next fancy car, the next bigger house in city centre.
Many of you may think, I'm just jealous. But I do have the necessary credentials ( possibly more than most in my profession) to do similar things.
I'm happy with my beat up and old Honda Accord, small house located almost out of city limits.
Of course I earn a decent living, (which is way more than we actually need to survive) but I have never ever cheated any of my patients even back in India ( I have thousands of character defects, but stealing/ cheating was never there, heck!! I was a heroin addict 15 years ago...)
Of course not all the doctors in India are corrupt, but the numbers are increasing rapidly.

Last edited:
How does someone go about registering a formal complaint about phishing/cybercrime?

I received a call the other day from someone claiming i didn't use my credit card points and they have expired. There was a whole lot of noise in the background like a friggin fish market so it seemed shady right from the start. She said, 'i'm calling from the credit card department head office mumbai'. When i asked where/what she added 'nariman point'. I then asked what credit card and she mumbled something like 'HDICI credit card' lol. I said i don't even have a credit card and she said sorry and hung up. This is why i hate giving my number anywhere. My name and number is definitely in tons of databases.

No i mean, i have the number they called me from. In theory, the cops could find out who the number is registered to and so on and so forth and bring a stop to the enterprise at least for a while. This could help others from being scammed. That is, if they give a shit about preventing cybercrime in the first place.

Also, my salary account sbi home branch used to call me once a year or so offering a new credit card. Verified genuine call from the branch itself.

No i mean, i have the number they called me from. In theory, the cops could find out who the number is registered to and so on and so forth and bring a stop to the enterprise at least for a while. This could help others from being scammed. That is, if they give a shit about preventing cybercrime in the first place.

Also, my salary account sbi home branch used to call me once a year or so offering a new credit card. Verified genuine call from the branch itself.

Indian cops are interested in pleasing the higher ups & kick-backs only. Not to control crime.

To feed in databases, keep a separate number.

So no one actually knows how/where to register a complaint about phishing/cyber crime? Or is there no such online facility in our country?

Back