I have to quit smoking!

bring it down to 10 initially and lateron slowly try to reduce....

I'm already having a hard time budgeting my finances, 25k EMI on gadgets(iPhone Xs, gaming laptop, iPad, One Plus 6T), 3K EMI on fashion, 9k on cigarettes, 5k on pimps, 4k on Asphalt 9, 20-25k on Swiggy/Zomato :(

I smoke 20 Marlboro advance cigarettes/day. Any hope for me? Switch to vaping? Good vapes that are available easily in market?
I was in the same place as you in November. Switched to vaping completely within 3 weeks after 20 Gold Flake Kings a day for the past 3-4 years.
I use the Aspire Zelos 2.0 kit with Naked 100 35 mg Nicotine salt eliquids. I think you need lower strength for which 25 mg Vapetasia salts will do fine for you.

Mod-
https://vapemantra.com/product/aspire-zelos-2nd-edition-kit/

Coils-
https://vapemantra.com/product/aspire-nautilus-2s-coils/

The Nic salt eliquid will take a bit of searching though. There are 3 4 sites from where I had to source them-
litejoy
vapemantra
houseofvape
fusionvape

Vaping is already under attack by the govt. It won't be long before it might be banned all across India soon, so it is better to go for quitting than going for vaping. You can switch over to vaping for now, but look at it as a way to wean off rather than as a substitute. I know many people who switched to vaping have stopped using nicotine completely and they just vape 0mg stuff. So it definitely helps in weaning of nicotine and is much better at that than nicotine patches and gums.

Vaping is already under attack by the govt. It won't be long before it might be banned all across India soon, so it is better to go for quitting than going for vaping. You can switch over to vaping for now, but look at it as a way to wean off rather than as a substitute. I know many people who switched to vaping have stopped using nicotine completely and they just vape 0mg stuff. So it definitely helps in weaning of nicotine and is much better at that than nicotine patches and gums.
I didn't wanna be too hard on him looking at his current "EMIs". Getting off nicotine completely is best. Non-negotiable. It is possible. Many have done it.

I tried vaping sometime back. but my opinion is that vaping is a lame excuse for quitting smoking. it means that you don't have tough enough determination to quitting.

I tried vaping sometime back. but my opinion is that vaping is a lame excuse for quitting smoking. it means that you don't have tough enough determination to quitting.
Man I agree and disagree with you. Quitting smoking IMHO Is more than will power. For us Geeks we should know how it affects our mind set brain thinking etc. That book by Allen Carr is very insightful. After reading it I really started believing it can be done. Before that everything sounded theoretical gyan. One should read it. From page 1 to the last.

To all those who are planning to quit slowly, change your mind. It is never gonna happen.

One emotional trigger and you would be back to your original count.

I started to smoke when I was 17 and I've been smoking for 20 years. I tried cut down the count, tried vaping, nothing worked out.

I stopped completely on 31st of Dec '17. Not because of new year resolution but due to Angina :)

One visit to the doctor made me rethink why I should smoke. I've been smoke-free since then.

To all those who are planning to quit slowly, change your mind. It is never gonna happen.

One emotional trigger and you would be back to your original count.

I started to smoke when I was 17 and I've been smoking for 20 years. I tried cut down the count, tried vaping, nothing worked out.

I stopped completely on 31st of Dec '17. Not because of new year resolution but due to Angina :)

One visit to the doctor made me rethink why I should smoke. I've been smoke-free since then.
Never say never boy :). I do agree on the quittin slowly part though. Did not work for me.

I like andd appreciate rehabilitation officers, but I tend to believe that a smoker makes a personal decision to quit smoking. No amount of counselling or reading of books can make you quit if you dont decide. Just make the decision to change and save your lungs

I like andd appreciate rehabilitation officers, but I tend to believe that a smoker makes a personal decision to quit smoking. No amount of counselling or reading of books can make you quit if you dont decide. Just make the decision to change and save your lungs
That book by Allen Carr is really something.

Back