I have to quit smoking!

There's a good documentary about it on BBC.

non-smoker: man these guys look cool smoking and have no problem. Jisko jab marna hai woh tab marega.
smoker: kya re gandu kya dekh raha hai.Leh try kar.
non-smoker: baba ji ki booti lala la la la.baba ji I luv u.

I think I cannot win an argument with the above guy.
Why do you want to win this argument? You made your point. That's it
You need to be obstinate and arrogant to win against another such person. Another way is to ignore such persons. They will blabber away and then get distracted soon.
Anyhow he is a kid. So don't read too much into his statements

Finally a month without a single puff.

I had been cutting down from last two years and was smoking 1 or 2 cigs a day, but somehow was unable to quit it completely.
But this thread has done what I couldn't. Reading about others helps. (@Vagabond - thanks for bumping this thread)

I took it as a challenge - lets see how far I can go !!
One good thing, non of my collegues smoke, so no peer pressure. But my friends with whom I hangout on weekends do. And I everyday cross my regular shop - the guy use to offer me a 'mild + chai' without even asking. :p But somehow I am able to conquer the urge now.

I had been cutting down from last two years and was smoking 1 or 2 cigs a day, but somehow was unable to quit it completely.
But this thread has done what I couldn't. Reading about others helps. (@Vagabond - thanks for bumping this thread)

One good thing, non of my collegues smoke, so no peer pressure. But my friends with whom I hangout on weekends do. And I everyday cross my regular shop - the guy use to offer me a 'mild + chai' without even asking. :p But somehow I am able to conquer the urge now.
All the best mate.

keep it up dude. Resist the dark side!!!

^^ it should be internet. you can always find something else to do when you crave for a smoke. but you can't stay away from internet these days.

Guys, I'm trying to take up smoking.
Currently at 1 cig per day, any idea how to increase?

Also, used to smoke ultra milds, now on classic mild.

guys there is one easy method for stopping.Guaranteed.Just read this book
Allen Carr - Easy Way To Stop Smoking

do a search on rapidshare and u will find it.If you finish the book then you will stop smoking.No expensive patches and all.Just read it.I have not finished it so have not yet stopped but am on the process of stopping.Just dragging to finish it.

For people who are sceptical why dont you guys read it.disprove what i say.Invest in say 1 hour per day for maybe 10 days.It seems crazy but 99.99 chances are
you will quit when u finish the book.
Were you able to do it?[DOUBLEPOST=1552419750][/DOUBLEPOST]I was able to finally quit in september 2016. It takes more than pure will power let me tell you that :)

Last edited:
^ how did you quit? My 65 year old dad hasn't been able to kick it. Tried nicotine patches/gums/ vapes
My 70 yo Dad did not even try to quit. I tried multiple times for 2-3 years ........ It is a lot to write. I will draft a message and post later. I had to do some extreme things. It was very hard. I used to ask biris from security guards when I used to run out of cigs in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
I quit cold turkey. used to smoke 10 or so a day until I left it in 2016. it still affects me today when ever I go on hikes. the first few weeks was tough as I had to keep myself busy with other stuff so I don't think about smoking. after that; the smell started feeling repulsive.

I quit cold turkey. used to smoke 10 or so a day until I left it in 2016. it still affects me today when ever I go on hikes. the first few weeks was tough as I had to keep myself busy with other stuff so I don't think about smoking. after that; the smell started feeling repulsive.
Sounds like it was too easy for you. I was a chain smoker. Was very hard for me.

Sounds like it was too easy for you. I was a chain smoker. Was very hard for me.
outdoors helped me. took up a lot of flying and hiking. mountains and scenery helped a lot :) keeping myself busy with something was the most important thing i did. never stayed home, always did something outside. after a month or so, I forgot about smoking.

Wow man you took a very healthy approach. I was so addicted I could not thinking of doing what you did! Kudos. I tried multiple times and failed for like 2-3 years. I read that book by Allen Carr. I also realized I was always surrounded by smokers. After failing multiple times I also made a note of all my "triggers "as in situations/people/places/anything that made me smoke again.

1) My biggest issue was I could not shit after quitting. It was so bad that I had a blockage after 24 hours post quitting. I knew oats are laxative so one fine day I had 80 grams of it and was practically sitting on the pot whole day. It was so much of shitting that day that I had a massive headache. I was laughing though as I found out how to fix my bowel movement/blockage problem FOR LIFE! I still have oats today. They are healthy and they work for me.

2) Second problem was I could not sleep after quitting. Like after 24 hours of quitting I would be super wide awake! Never wanted to share this but I was able to procure some mild sleeping pills for a month which help me sleep after quitting.

3) Alcohol. People who smoke and drink know they go extremely well together. Many times I used to light one cig right after a having a glass of beer/rum/whiskey. The solution was easy. I stopped alcohol altogether. I stopped seeing anyone/friends/relatives who had alcohol. This was for six months! Gradually I started again with mild beer and made sure I was not around smokers. Now I avoid drinking around smokers although I do love rum in winters and beer in summers. I avoid being around smokers anyway. Just don’t like the smell and the whole damn activity of smoking/holding a cig etc.

4) I live in Gurgaon and for reason NRT gums got banned in Haryana. So I bought a huge stock of Nicotex 4 mg from Delhi to ensure I never run out of it. I used to keep it with me all the time. Any urges and I chewed one. It works if used sensibly.

5) Workouts also helped. I also did a lot of math on how much I money I was burning on smoking every month. That amount in 2016 was around 5k since I was smoking around 10 cig a day. Anyone who smokes a pack of let say Classic Milds today spends around 9K a month.
Now I spend almost the same money on whey/oats and other healthy stuff mostly hehe.

6) Will keep on updating what else I did. The first week was worst! I could barely manage to sleep for ¾ hours and was irritated all the time. After 2 months I noticed better hair growth also.
I quit in September 2016.

Last edited:
Back