I haz the Theater in Home :D

So some good news n some bad news..

Bad news first..

The TV had a display issue. As you can see in the pictures below, a red line started to appear out of nowhere on the 3rd day of installation :S
Panasonic guys filled in some forms, got some verbal thrashing from me ( though not their fault, but i was annoyed :p) opened up the TV and promised me a solution within 10 days or so..

KAU_2586 by Kauzyy, on Flickr

KAU_2588 by Kauzyy, on Flickr

So yesterday, I got a brand new TV, fitted on my wall again, and as a good will gesture, 2 free 3D goggles ( which i will not be using, 3D makes my head go berserk)

20130418_184703 by Kauzyy, on Flickr

As of now, I neither love nor hate panasonic.. :|

First of all good that you got the replacement quickly....
Amazing that they had one more brand new 55" TV in store.... Bought from Satara??

65* :p
nah.. i bought it from Pune.. family friend is a distributor for Panasonic :D
sry 65" it is :)
That cud be one reason why you got speedy replacement... bcoz of ur friend... Else for such high value items the stores generally divert you to the company... and company makes you wait till they have a replacement piece ready....

Actually, i got the replacement directly from Panasonic service center. Though its true that i had bugged the dealer to death for giving it to me asap :p

Dude, that TV is pure drool maal, many congraturaltions, and hopefully this piece is perfect, btw how many years warranty did you get for this panel. Also, have you read about the maintenance to avoid IR etc? lastly even with high ambient light is the picture bright enough?

Dude, that TV is pure drool maal, many congraturaltions, and hopefully this piece is perfect, btw how many years warranty did you get for this panel. Also, have you read about the maintenance to avoid IR etc? lastly even with high ambient light is the picture bright enough?

Warranty i reckon is 2 years. I'll have to check. I still haven't yet received the warranty card. Regarding maintenance and avoiding IR, please throw some light as i m totally missing something here :(
The picture is bright in dynamic mode( which i usually keep it in) and neways, there is not much lighting in my living room.. :)

Warranty i reckon is 2 years. I'll have to check. I still haven't yet received the warranty card. Regarding maintenance and avoiding IR, please throw some light as i m totally missing something here :(
The picture is bright in dynamic mode( which i usually keep it in) and neways, there is not much lighting in my living room.. :)

I dont know much either @kauzy whatever little I read at another forum just mentioned, you shouldnt set TV to too bright for the initial 'burn in' you are better of googling.

Do post pictures of football matches on ESPN HD, looks brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back