I just got some Icecream Sanwich!

Here are my first impressions about the phone:

ICS is completely different from Gingerbread, and when I say different, it's different in a better way.

Interface is more fluid, menus are swift but when I use live wallpaper other than what came preset, there is a slight lag when you open the app drawer.

Phone boot up time when compared to my nexus one on cm7 is like comparing a desktop with SSD to the one with HDD (GN being faster obviously)

I have setup face-unlock and it works reasonably well considered there is proper light in the room,

Camera is just average.

There are no settings for notification light.

I have installed shadowgun, and its running pretty smoothly, so I hope the gfx unit will suffice for another year.

There is only one problem which I faced till now, phone restarts sometimes without reason. Yesterday it was running flawlessly, but today when I was using youtube, the phone restarted
<

for now enjoy some more pics. also see the case-mate cover which came with it and side by side comparison of size between N1 and GN
<

People who will be migrating from existing Android phone will face 0 learning curve. ICS is unbelievably easy, and if u have migrated from phone with 3.7" screen or above then you wont feel odd holding this device.

dsc0689q.jpg

dsc0690vi.jpg

Thanks everyone for their wishes
<
My experience with ICS and GNex has been pretty good so far, although there are some software gliches which I guess shall be ironed out in future upgrades, for instance OS reboots randomly sometimes. Also there are compatibility issues with older apps, they seem to crash sometimes..

apart from that this OS is a considerable overhawl over previous generation, UI is extremly fluid, and zippy.

strangely 720p videos looks better than pictures which i took in same conditions! so I guess sensor is capable enough but the software needs some tweaking.

Bottom line: G Nex is considerably better than other handsets I have used, yesterday I was comparing it with my friend's S2 and believe me GNex is on a different league alltogether, buid quality is also good (something which i was worried about) considering i migrated from a HTC set.

So anyone who has doubts about this set can PM me and I will be eager to help
<

Congrats on this awesome purchase bro !!

Was just googling the camera performance for Nexus and found it to be the same or sometimes even better than the GS2's 8MP.

I guess Samsung has put a larger/better sensor in nexus.

Back