I need a damn Seedbox

I dont need root unless its kimsufi box even you wont have root, i just want a separate user to be created for me which can access console

Have you guys considered paid usenet access fo your needs? IMO, much better than torrents and costs much cheaper. Not very noob-friendly, but once you have learned how to manage it, it is easy.

As discussed i'm not going ahead as i found to be expensive with that shared bandwidth.
@Otaku
Seedbox are used to build ratio once its done then you can relax and sit back usenet has limitation as only just4today gives free access limited to 2 connections 1mbps only rest are all paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ there are usenet providers that sell data as well instead of monthly subscriptions. And now, most good trackers don't allow you to hit and run. Even iptorrents has started the same.

As discussed i'm not going ahead as i found to be expensive with that shared bandwidth.
@Otaku
Seedbox are used to build ratio once its done then you can relax and sit back usenet has limitation as only just4today gives free access limited to 2 connections 1mbps only rest areyes all paid.
yes, aware of what seedboxes do. Pl astraweb at $11/month unlimited and fast enough to saturate 100 mbps line. Also no arrogant pvt tracker staff and with option for ssl. Usenet is decades before bittorrent and releases come earlier than tier 1 trackers (chk any tracer channels). What seems obvious or easy is not always better. Usenet is more old school. Give it a try folks...satisfaction assured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious bittorrent has taken over usenet since last 3-4 years all releases comes first on torrents , you must know that scene pres the releases but in usenet there is no automated way to get it done so some one manually uploads to usenet server.I can give you several examples where the stuff was uploaded almost 5 hours after the release and this was with one of the anticipated release not a small release.Final point being DMCA has now started watching usenet closely and you will see that no UFC matches stay longer they are removed within hours from the server.

Usenet is only useful when you want to hide from your isp what u are downloading (though this can be tracked too but more secure than BT) and you have high bandwidth neither of which exists in India.

Also no arrogant pvt tracker staff and with option for ssl
:confused:

I dont think its expensive as dinjo is claiming it to be.Its pretty rare to find 375GB HDD space and 100mbps shared with only 3 users. :)
Anyways I have got one user already, and I am offering the remaining slot for 500. Gave it to manusag at 500 too ;) Am willing to absorb 200 bucks :p Feel free to pm me.

Edit : Slot gone to manucitc

Are you serious bittorrent has taken over usenet since last 3-4 years all releases comes first on torrents , you must know that scene pres the releases but in usenet there is no automated way to get it done so some one manually uploads to usenet server.I can give you several examples where the stuff was uploaded almost 5 hours after the release and this was with one of the anticipated release not a small release.Final point being DMCA has now started watching usenet closely and you will see that no UFC matches stay longer they are removed within hours from the server.

Usenet is only useful when you want to hide from your isp what u are downloading (though this can be tracked too but more secure than BT) and you have high bandwidth neither of which exists in India.

:confused:

Ok, let us address the 'shortcomings' of usenet one by one.

1. BT has taken over usenet - In what way? popularity, yes. Traffic, yes. But it is because of relative ease of use of BT over Usenet. And yes, BT gets mentioned in mainstream media, unlike usenet/IRC/FTP.

2. Releases come faster on BT - I have a different experience, after using usenet, TL and TD. SCC is supposed to be fastest in trackers. There might be difference of few minutes or seconds, but hours is rare. Also most of the folks do not care if they they get the latest release a few hours late. The pre race is between trackers and uploaders.

3. DMCA is watching usenet - Yes, but not as closely as BT scene. UFC is still available if you can use raw search ( not personally verified. Mostly heard from other non-TE/FST forum members).

Regarding arrogant staff of private trackers, it is about the arrogance of admin staff of some top trackers (RevTT comes to mind).

Anyway, each on its own. I am pretty sure that in few years as DMCA laws are enforced in India, BT users would be first to be busted.

All the points i mentioned are coming from users who have used usenet for years and they were quite frustrated when releases were deleted from usenet servers and releases come late (I'm not talking of mins here it was several hours).

You can always stop posting on tracker forums and download instead to avoid the crap not to mention BCG :lol:

Back