I seriously wanna Bomb The Sify Guys..........What Kind of professionalism is this!!!

TheBroker

Skilled
Sify The name says it all

When it rains .....the internet is disconnected for nearly 3 hrs(even if the rain lasts for not more than 1hr)

Leaving the rain, internet is disconnected for over an hour daily to 2 hours daily

I sit at night and the guys shut down their services from 12 am to 8 am...In the name of thunderstorms:O:O:O:O and blah blah :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now this time the lines were cut by the electricity board guys and for 8 days the internet was not there.Now when the guy comes after lot of calling i asked for an extension ..no1 wud like 2 recharge their a/c with such hopeless & a pathetic connection.The fellow says ill have to recharge.........i balsted him then and there.....he got rude as anything.He says that if i wanted i cud disconnect my internet connection..and has given me an account which in most probability hell not give me for a long time.Hell surely get me logged out(And ive changed the pw for sometime ... or till he wants the a/c and comes 2 know of that)

The so called ppl working are a buch of disgruntled idiots/monkeys under no supervision.Even the boss of the Franchise has gone to some village(Hopefully not to promote Sify :O )

If the ppl give me back my money ill surely get rid of Sify "BroadBand" connection and switch to BSNL BroadBand (even if that means a limited downloading )

I even mailed to customercare@sify.com but to no use.The same thing for the call centres.All lame apologies and dumb talk to no use like "sir this will be put on the priority of complaints" "Sir ill personally look into the matter" and what not

What do u guys over here have to say for Sify.....particularly sify users......please post ur problems ......ill surely mail this to the guys with some strong points ....ive had enough of Sify for now..........its either my way of getting the job done or their way of giving a better connection

huh rain and wind?..my "apollo" (supposed to be a subsidiary of bharati) clicks off if something even remotely resembling rain n wind happens...like....if someone sneezes next to our line..and....poof it goes.Thats y i pay only 250 bucks to that guy every month..even thought i get speeds of 10-12k (when it is connected) :bleh:

brother -- there is no need of such tempraments being shown here coz Sify *******s are least concerned abt Customer satisfaction. Rather than increasing ur blood pressure -- switch to another stable ISP IMHO.... remember the muhavara Bhains ke aage Been bajane Ka kya faida"

No regular net at home for the last 23days.. it took them 2 weeks for the customer care n local cable guys to figure put the problem (a defective Media COnverter).. Its taken them 9 days to 'replace' the Media converter..

one word for their service - pathetic.

The story is the same with almost every ISP that uses a cable operator based franchisee network (Etherenet based or cable modem based)
I suppose the only dependable ISPs are the ones who provide connectivity thru copper wire network (mainly Airtel and BSNL)
The reason probably being that they cannot afford to let the copper wire based phone go dead (Loss of revenues everytime lines go down)...so since they have to keep the phone up, your Internet also stays stable in the process.....Also, if the server at their end goes down, it will affect all their subscribers, and not just a few.....
I too would like to switch to a ADSL phone line based connection...If only any reaonably priced no d/l caps plans existed from Airtel...Sigh...

Now I am on a 10 day extension..........this is my last chance at Sify or else.....BSNL or my local guy whos provides net thru Beam.....

superczar said:
The story is the same with almost every ISP that uses a cable operator based franchisee network (Etherenet based or cable modem based)
I suppose the only dependable ISPs are the ones who provide connectivity thru copper wire network (mainly Airtel and BSNL)
The reason probably being that they cannot afford to let the copper wire based phone go dead (Loss of revenues everytime lines go down)...so since they have to keep the phone up, your Internet also stays stable in the process.....Also, if the server at their end goes down, it will affect all their subscribers, and not just a few.....
I too would like to switch to a ADSL phone line based connection...If only any reaonably priced no d/l caps plans existed from Airtel...Sigh...

Airtel do have 64 kbps unlimited for 600(approx)

128kbps --- 999/-

you do pay a price but then you cannot get everything cheap.

I saw a friend whos has taken internet from a proxy of VSNL ie a person who runs for VSNL.........for 128 kbps its just 250 :O:O:O at a LAN speed of 100 mbps.........but then i need 2 weigh my options quite well.......ive already lost nearly 2000 changing my internet connection........what say guys????

i called sify guys twice and lny when i asked them why they r yet to send their reps i got a reply that "my area is not feasible" then all of a sudden they appeared 2 weeks back promising reduction in deposit from Rs2000 to Rs1500 but collected full amount claiming that my package will be for 2 months but now i can check that its for just a month i'll have to fight with that marketing guy

Back