WTB I want to buy a: Original used PS3 Controller

atg666

Disciple
So, I am still living in 2013.
I have a jail-broken PS3, which is in most respects, is the media center in my den. The controller that I had has conked off. The battery stopped charging, and replacement batteries do not work.
I have even tried buying proper new controllers as available on various sites online, but none of them are original (most are good copies or are refurbished). This means that the analog sticks do not work properly, and thus its not fun to play FPS (or even any other) games.

So, I want to buy a PS3 controller if anyone has it.

Buddy, I dont know how big a layout is your den, but if your TV, and seating are not that far away, I suggest to start using WIRED usb controllers that you can find almost everywhere. There are more benefits to playing on these than just being cheap.

Wired devices are always low on latency, and hence deliver (almost) frame perfect inputs. You can additional replace them easily, or if you know a console mechanic, they can repair the controller for a very low cost. Original six-axis PS3 controllers have a bad reputation for not being sturdy, and are also relatively bulky, which gives a worse game-play experience imo.

I mainly use mine to play fighting games, which normally would've obliterated my OG six-axis. But since I'm on USB, I can enjoy playing without worrying of the damage.

~Engineer.AI

Buddy, I dont know how big a layout is your den, but if your TV, and seating are not that far away, I suggest to start using WIRED usb controllers that you can find almost everywhere. There are more benefits to playing on these than just being cheap.

Wired devices are always low on latency, and hence deliver (almost) frame perfect inputs. You can additional replace them easily, or if you know a console mechanic, they can repair the controller for a very low cost. Original six-axis PS3 controllers have a bad reputation for not being sturdy, and are also relatively bulky, which gives a worse game-play experience imo.

I mainly use mine to play fighting games, which normally would've obliterated my OG six-axis. But since I'm on USB, I can enjoy playing without worrying of the damage.

~Engineer.AI

Thanks. I don't mind playing wired. The main issue is that the analog sticks on the non OG controllers are not truly analog, and thus offer unsatisfactory control in games.

If you could give me online purchaseable links to the controllers you use in wired mode, for a PS3, that would be awesome.
In case you are suggesting that I use the same old controller in wired mode, then, that is an option I have not checked out.

Thanks. I don't mind playing wired. The main issue is that the analog sticks on the non OG controllers are not truly analog, and thus offer unsatisfactory control in games.

If you could give me online purchaseable links to the controllers you use in wired mode, for a PS3, that would be awesome.
In case you are suggesting that I use the same old controller in wired mode, then, that is an option I have not checked out.

Really, now? I did not know that analog controls gltch with the PSr

Really, now? I did not know that analog controls gltch with the PSr

I meant to say that the 2 sticks and L2 and R2 on non original controllers don't work properly.
for example: in a racing game, with original controllers, moving the analog sticks will turn the steering only that much. So a larger movement of the stick results in larger movement onscreen, and vice versa.

With non original controllers, the onscreen steering is not affected for most of the stick's travel, and only at the end of the travel, the steering moves 100%. This is not proper analog control. And, this is the root cause of my frustration.

I meant to say that the 2 sticks and L2 and R2 on non original controllers don't work properly.
for example: in a racing game, with original controllers, moving the analog sticks will turn the steering only that much. So a larger movement of the stick results in larger movement onscreen, and vice versa.

With non original controllers, the onscreen steering is not affected for most of the stick's travel, and only at the end of the travel, the steering moves 100%. This is not proper analog control. And, this is the root cause of my frustration.

Ohhhh. I get you. You must be talking about how the triggers swap positions, and the dual sticks don't function the way they're supposed to
~Engineer.AI

So I found a compromise.

Logitech F710 gaming controller works almost perfectly with the PS3.
There are some compromises yo be made, i.e. there is no PS home button, so game exit happens by turning off the console. The triggers dont work as analog on PS3, but they do on PC. So racing games have to be played using the analog sticks.

This is awesome, and I have been using the controller for 2 days. Worth the 3k.

So I found a compromise.

Logitech F710 gaming controller works almost perfectly with the PS3.
There are some compromises yo be made, i.e. there is no PS home button, so game exit happens by turning off the console. The triggers dont work as analog on PS3, but they do on PC. So racing games have to be played using the analog sticks.

This is awesome, and I have been using the controller for 2 days. Worth the 3k.

Well, if it's to your liking, Game on! My question is, is it sturdy enough to handle due wear and tear?
~Vibhor Tyagi (Techie at Engineer.AI)

Back