i want to get a PMP

mr green

Recruit
I'm looking to buy a PMP and would like to avoid the i pod as far as possible. I feel it limits me to one machine whereas i would like to be able to gather media from any where i so choose. I have narrowed down my choices to 3 of COWON's players namely The J3, D3 (yet to be released in India) and the X5. I'm leaning towards the J3 but am holding out due to only one concern that the J3 does not play H.264. Is it at all possible that this might be possible through a future firmware upgrade or is this a more hardware based issue.

Also are there any better options out there with similar or better capabilities than the J3...???

I hate to say but iTouch 4thGen is overall the best PMP available. I hate apple to the core but when you're looking for a high end PMP nothing beats an iTouch.

Cowons are known to have a very good hardware and excellent screen. The D3 that comes with Android 2.1 has made all the Cowon fans unhappy cause laggy, battery life and has bad SQ[no SQ settings!!]. If you like D3 alone for the fact that it can run fullHD @ brilliant AMOLED get a demo on it before you make your purchase.

Cowon J3 still seems a better choice than D3 + it's been here for some time now and you'll find a huge fan base already loving it.

Wait for more replies from some more Cowon fans here on TE.

Back