Storage Solutions I want to password protect external hdd

nottheguru

Disciple
I have an external hdd I use to store nothing but data on, it is not a boot-able drive. I am concerned about it getting stolen and all my data being accessible with ease, so I want to password protect it (when it's connected or disconnected to my computer). All I can seem to find is software that password protects it as long as it is attached to my computer. Anybody know of a good way to do this? Thanks so much for any suggestions.

If there was vista installed I would have suggested using BitLocker EFS... very good encryption and u can use a pendrive to lock or unlock like a key!!

You can use LockNote...its a nice piece of program which also has encryption!!

Try Drive Crypt by secustar GmBH..... It creates a volume file which is password protected... When You mount this volume it shows as a virtual drive (partition) ...which behaves like a real drive.... you can format, scan, defrag, search, cut, copy, paste in this mounted file like any other partition....

Its also very secure... since you can use upto 1344 bit encryption with four layers of password... also it supports stegnography..... you can crate a .wav file or a .sys file inside which you can hide your date....
Use your imagination... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

any program tat would decrypt & encrypt without having to installing anything on the host computer?

EDIT : Whoa.. thnx @ "nottheguru" , reps added..this program is a gem.:D :hap2:

Back