i3...or something else?

For AM2+ this the one with Advanced ACC for accurate unlocking. But with the recommended mobo you still stand a chance

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am not sure but from the looks of it, it will be somewhere around 6.5-7k

I don't want to confuse you or anything, just sharing whatever I found.... cuz I myself was going through the matter why everybody favoured the X2 555 over X4 925 which is just 1.5k more [1.5k extra for cpu is not a biggie]

aercy said:
For AM2+ this the one with Advanced ACC for accurate unlocking. But with the recommended mobo you still stand a chance

I am not sure but from the looks of it, it will be somewhere around 6.5-7k

Nothing cheaper than that?

aercy said:
I don't want to confuse you or anything, just sharing whatever I found.... cuz I myself was going through the matter why everybody favoured the X2 555 over X4 925 which is just 1.5k more [1.5k extra for cpu is not a biggie]

No, don't worry, if by some confusion I can make a right decision than its worth it. :)

For 1.5k extra you get guaranteed 4 Cores while this one's a gamble but never the less X2 555 is a good CPU, don't be disheartened

Well the thing is even if you buy the better & newer mobo, you still might not unlock the extra cores then the 2k spent extra on the Advance ACC mobo will go to waste, won't it?

aercy said:
For 1.5k extra you get guaranteed 4 Cores while this one's a gamble but never the less X2 555 is a good CPU, don't be disheartened
Yeah, if by spending 1.5k more I get better VFM I wont hesitate.

P.S. The difference is 2.7k

aercy said:
Well the thing is even if you buy the better & newer mobo, you still might not unlock the extra cores then the 2k spent extra on the Advance ACC mobo will go to waste, won't it?
Please dont say that :(

you've already ordered the Processor, right? You can't change anymore, so chill, stick to it. It's good processor.

^^

Yeahh, Did a cash deposit today itself..but even if it doesn't unlock..its a good VFM processor I reckon?

And, the extra 2k is not just for advanced ACC, that board has better integrated audio and crossfire support which might come in handy as if say after 1-1.5 years I feel the need for more power, I can always add another GPU.

But with that board comes the extra cost of DDRIII RAM

Yeah it is. Don't keep high expectation regarding unlocking extra cores.

Mephistopheles said:
^^

Yeahh, Did a cash deposit today itself..but even if it doesn't unlock..its a good VFM processor I reckon?

And, the extra 2k is not just for advanced ACC, that board has better integrated audio and crossfire support which might come in handy as if say after 1-1.5 years I feel the need for more power, I can always add another GPU.

But with that board comes the extra cost of DDRIII RAM

GA-MA790X-UD4 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview

This one's AM2+

I am sorry that I cannot stay longer & help you out any further today as I have Quants exam tomorrow..gotto practice a bit now. I hope you get the best stuff. Good luck.

aercy said:
I am sorry that I cannot stay longer & help you out any further today as I have Quants exam tomorrow..gotto practice a bit now. I hope you get the best stuff. Good luck.
Dont worry man..thanks for the help, there was never an obligation..best of luck for your exam.

Well from the link i gave u this DDRII mobo does unlock PhenomII X2 555BE with F5 bios.(If the other two cores are not faulty)
Also in the forum itself there are 2-3 ppl who have unlocked the PhenomII X2 555BE with the Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 (DDRIII one)
Even if it doesnt unlock its a good proccy for gaming due to high clock of 3.2GHz and large L3 cache.

@Aercy:
The reason is that if unlocked the PII X2 555BE --> 955BE (8k). So savings of 3k :p Well it depends on the user. If for a user's requirement if a 555BE would suffice then he can go for it and try to unlock. But if the user needs a quad then it is better to go for native quad ones rather than risking it. Here the PII555BE would suffice for the user needs thus the suggestions.

DarkAngel said:
Well from the link i gave u this DDRII mobo does unlock PhenomII X2 555BE with F5 bios.(If the other two cores are not faulty)

Also in the forum itself there are 2-3 ppl who have unlocked the PhenomII X2 555BE with the Gigabyte 785GMT-USB3 (DDRIII one)

Even if it doesnt unlock its a good proccy for gaming due to high clock of 3.2GHz and large L3 cache.

@Aercy:

The reason is that if unlocked the PII X2 555BE --> 955BE (8k). So savings of 3k :p Well it depends on the user. If for a user's requirement if a 555BE would suffice then he can go for it and try to unlock. But if the user needs a quad then it is better to go for native quad ones rather than risking it. Here the PII555BE would suffice for the user needs thus the suggestions.
What is the cheapest solution (preferably from Gigabyte) I could go for which has Advanced ACC? I can spend 1-2k more + the money I will get after selling my current mobo+proccy+RAM (If required) [i.e Asus P5NSLI+E5200+Corsair XMSII 4GB]

Back