CPU/Mobo I5-750 vs X6 1055T

How is the X6 more future proof if its inferior to a current quad core ?

P55 platform is pretty sweet for gaming cant go wrong with it.

i would suggest you to get the x6. currently games could be slightly better on the i5, but intime that will change slowly when games start using all the cores.

Zloyd said:
How is the X6 more future proof if its inferior to a current quad core ?

P55 platform is pretty sweet for gaming cant go wrong with it.
Dude, inferior to Core i5 750???

PhenomII X6 1035T vs Core I5 750

This is the review of a Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6GHz v/s Core i5 750 2.66GHz, and if you see the review, the Phenom II X6 is plenty good, and the X6 1055T is 200MHz faster, which makes not that big, but definitely some difference..

I suggest a good 890GX + SB850 board under7k, and the X6 1055T definitely. If you're gonna game high end, you're gonna use VSync to prevent screen tearing anyways, so the lead of Core i5 is situations like 120 v/s fps makes no sense in some games(just an example)

i5 is better compared to 1055T........but not by much.
wheras amd platform has very feature rich mobos for a low price compared to intel P55 platform....this can be a deciding factor.

By the time we see games that will utilize all cores anything you buy now will be obsolete. We have had quad cores out for a while now so to say the games we have seen over the last year are not multi core optimized sounds off. Why wouldnt it be multicore optimized ?

Now to say it might not be optimized enough so the efficiency or performance gain beyond 2 cores are game specific is probably more accurate.

Coming back to the 1055t vs i5 , as there is a possibility of a 8core chip on the AMD the P55 series might also see cheaper i7's , and if that happens it will be deja vu this argument again just more cores on both sides.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

asingh said:
Nothing is future proof. Its just ones level of satisfaction.
From a hardware point of view that quote is pure gold lol

THe AMD is more futureproof since the AMD motherboard have backward compatible sockets so if you buy an AM3 motherboard even if the next wave of CPUs are 8 cores they will be supported by the motherboard.

And I dont think that the P55 will be futureproof and the I dont think they will release 6 cores on x58 because 1156 involves mainstream processors only and the x58 has a tripple channel memory controller and has faster PCI bus speed in sli/crossfire modes no point in releasing hardcore performance processors for a mainstream board

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I would say their performance is almost head to head and you wont notice any difference in everyday gaming

But I would rather you see for yourself

below are the benchmarks of the most trustable sites

hardware cannucks

xibitlabs

anandtech

guru3d

so these benchmarks are are the really good ones,

Only trust reviews from reputed sites not the sites which come up in google that is only because they have better SEO and Google Ads

The point is if u game at resolution upwards of 1680x1050 then almost all the CPus will give you the same result, give or take a few frames. Here the GPU is the deciding factor.
Its only at lower res like 1024*768 or 128081024, does the cpu matter in fps in games.
I wud suggest you to buy the 1055T and OC it to say 4GHz and be happy.

@ OP, what GPU are you buying??

@ Picture poster, reviews try to find the maximum frame rate, anything near 60 is great, above that there is no difference(you may have come across these lines in many of the reviews, had you ever read the other pages except the number graphs)..

looking at the charts it seems it makes no sense to get anything above a 945 from a gaming point of view. The extra cores are currently just not utilized , i would suggest saving money there and getting a more powerful GPU.

Those numbers are purely at stock speeds , pretty sure most ppl here with i7's and those who game have it running at around 3.6

Even I would suggest Go witht eh AMD Phenom II x6 as it will more future proof and also a really good overclock and at high resolutions it wont make much a difference

well friend just consider one more thing, if you want to play with all features at max, and decide to go for a good gpu like 5870/5850 or 480/470 range than a four core is enough, but if your plans are to crossfire or sli with mid range gpu than consider 6 core instead,

Back