WTB i5/i7 processor(6th or 7th gen)

rk17

Disciple
As title suggested looking for 6th/7th gen i5/ i7 processor. 4.5k for i5 and 5.5k for i7 non k and 6k Rs for 6700k and 7700k.

Price is way low for the above processors , I don't think anyone will less at that price, considering new processors are way more expensive.
I3 10100F is 7400Rs in primeabgb which is equivalent to i7 7700 and have decent upgrade path like i5, i7 and even i9. In 6/7th gen chips i7 7700k is the max upgrade one can get and most 6/7th gen chips are out of warranty by now so my valuation is more or less correct. 7700k is a top chip but it runs very hot and needs a top cooler, z170/270 mobo and preferably delidding to fully enjoy its OCing ability which takes the total price of 7700k to 10k Rs. For 10k i3 12100F is available which totally destroys even r5 5600x in single core performance and equal to r5 3600 in multicore.

I3 10100F is 7400Rs in primeabgb which is equivalent to i7 7700 and have decent upgrade path like i5, i7 and even i9. In 6/7th gen chips i7 7700k is the max upgrade one can get and most 6/7th gen chips are out of warranty by now so my valuation is more or less correct. 7700k is a top chip but it runs very hot and needs a top cooler, z170/270 mobo and preferably delidding to fully enjoy its OCing ability which takes the total price of 7700k to 10k Rs. For 10k i3 12100F is available which totally destroys even r5 5600x in single core performance and equal to r5 3600 in multicore.
If 10gen pro can run on 6 or 7gen mobo then you are absolutely right.

If I sell my B150 Mobo for 2k and get i3 10100F + H510 for 13k around my net spend is 11k it make more sense than spending 10k for 7700k. I get plenty of warranty, decent upgrade path.
Your argument may be true when 10th gen mobos are very tough to source or very expensive.

If I sell my B150 Mobo for 2k and get i3 10100F + H510 for 13k around my net spend is 11k it make more sense than spending 10k for 7700k. I get plenty of warranty, decent upgrade path.
Your argument may be true when 10th gen mobos are very tough to source or very expensive.
Key here is budget..

Just sold a full desktop with a I7 6700 + Z170 pro gaming locally, I agree with OP's pricing strategy, My processor went for 6K.

Where are you people getting newer processors at 10k and all? I see only sky-high prices.

Currently on an i5 7600k which I hardly need to OC ever. My kind of usage sometimes requires more cores (Music Production) so I was just thinking about upgrading to 8 cores or more, and if I do that in 2022, I would also want to upgrade the Motherboard from LGA 1151 to a newer generation, as I see desktop as permanent member of my setup.

While weighing my options and going through things, I just find everything 8 cores super costly everywhere. Like, this shit is confusing right now, one option is to go for something 8 core that works well on current Mobo. But as I had bought the Processor and the Mobo brand new, I guess reselling them for a decent deal would do justice to me and the buyer both, as things are perfectly fine when it comes to operations, and if I wasn't limited by the core number( More number of tracks/channels in a session = more core requirement in Music production), I would happily continue on my current setup, as I idle around 40 deg even in this cruel summer and hardly cross 75 when GTA V is going on or 80 degrees under OCCT overall test.

I am not intending to derail your post, may you find a suitable seller, but there was already a discussion here, so I am just looking for an upgrade path on this. Whenever I sell, I would probably go with CPU+Mobo combo, as I guess everything else would work with the new CPU+MOBO combo as well.
Also, there won't be too much favor for AMD as I have a GeForce GTX 1080 OC 8GB from Gigabyte, so APU might not be the best choice when you have dedicated graphics. Moreoever, in more individual core heavy tasks like music production, intel kinda always perform much better, that's my old school thought however!

Where are you people getting newer processors at 10k and all? I see only sky-high prices.

Currently on an i5 7600k which I hardly need to OC ever. My kind of usage sometimes requires more cores (Music Production) so I was just thinking about upgrading to 8 cores or more, and if I do that in 2022, I would also want to upgrade the Motherboard from LGA 1151 to a newer generation, as I see desktop as permanent member of my setup.

While weighing my options and going through things, I just find everything 8 cores super costly everywhere. Like, this shit is confusing right now, one option is to go for something 8 core that works well on current Mobo. But as I had bought the Processor and the Mobo brand new, I guess reselling them for a decent deal would do justice to me and the buyer both, as things are perfectly fine when it comes to operations, and if I wasn't limited by the core number( More number of tracks/channels in a session = more core requirement in Music production), I would happily continue on my current setup, as I idle around 40 deg even in this cruel summer and hardly cross 75 when GTA V is going on or 80 degrees under OCCT overall test.

I am not intending to derail your post, may you find a suitable seller, but there was already a discussion here, so I am just looking for an upgrade path on this. Whenever I sell, I would probably go with CPU+Mobo combo, as I guess everything else would work with the new CPU+MOBO combo as well.
Also, there won't be too much favor for AMD as I have a GeForce GTX 1080 OC 8GB from Gigabyte, so APU might not be the best choice when you have dedicated graphics. Moreoever, in more individual core heavy tasks like music production, intel kinda always perform much better, that's my old school thought however!
List of Chips < 10k which are almost equal or hugely better than 6th/7th gen i7 7700k:

i5 7600k/7700k is absolutely destroyed by i3 12100F without any need for Z series mobo or delidding or huge coolers. 10k gigabyte B660 mobo will be fine for this or 7k worth H610 should be fine too if available.

Hi.
I just upgraded and hence selling my AS Rock OC Formula Mobo ATX in its original Box. It is Z170 Chipset. Please let me know if this is of interest to you.
I am also selling the CPU i5 -6600K Unlocked. No CPU Fan. CPU also in its tray in CPU Box. Both MoBo and CPU were bought together.

Back