IBM Thinkpad R60 (Core 2 Duo) for 16.5K

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 yrs old Lenovo IBM Thinkpad R60 is up for sale.

Spent a bum to buy it, but really worth it.

Selling price will be Rs. 16,500/- .

Location - Bangalore

Specification is as follows:

Processor : Intel Core Duo processor T5600 (1.83GHz)

Memory : 1GB

Hard drive : 80GB 5400 rpm

Display : 15" TFT display

CD and DVD drive : CDRW/DVDRW Multi-Burner drives

Graphics : Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Networking : Intel 802.11abg wireless

Performance is still rockin, had three years of Lenovo warranty. Really grateful to Lenovo guys, once had a hinge broken they changed the hinge as well as the DVD RW lens, as I complained it's become slow.

Kindly don't compare it with any Laptop you get in the market for Cheap. This is ThinkPad.

View attachment 11271

View attachment 11270

View attachment 11272

View attachment 11273

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 133
Re: IBM Thinkpad R60 (Core 2 Duo) for 18K

18 k is too high a price for this , may be this shud sell for 12-13k at the most ,

anyways good luck and free bump

Yup price sounds pretty high for 1gb ram and a 80 gig hdd... cant even make it a decent dl rig with tht hdd :(

jyotirmoy.dutta, I see you are a new TE user, at least in terms of posts. TE is full of enthusiasts, that can appreciate the premium status of a Thinkpad laptop but also being tech savvy they know that a laptop built like a tank is not required for personal use and is more appropriate and widely used in Corporates (I am typing from one now) where data safety is critical.

My suggestion: Dont spend money on it unless you really want to use it, as it will not give you the price premium you desire. Rather reduce the price and make it more attractive vis-a-vis entry level laptops between the 25 to 30k.

my brother has this laptop, the build quality really is very good. its better than that of the thinkpads being sold now (IBMless ones)

I sometimes fail to understand why people who are not interested in buying write soo much. It is right to give opinion but let the decision be on the seller. Why to use all tricks to pressurize a seller sell at a lower price.

If all this is done for good to all, these comments would have looked good via PM.

Regarding the selling price. To me the price looks good.

Ragin_Ice's comments make me feel as if people should sell everything only at price of a maruti 100 even if it is a premium car. This way the owners of TE will have to think of some other name which means "cost effective" or something related. I hope people like products which do not fail and do not break when they fell down. All like a product which is supported with newer firmware and driver updates for many many years and availability of replacement parts is never a issue. Actually I am typing this message on a T400 and have owned acer,HP,Toshiba,dell and many Apple laptops.

Even I am junior member on TE but does that mean I am not an enthusiast or I am not tech savvy. I got my first computer in 1990 paying over a lakh for a used XT ( ha ha it had a 100 MB hard disk and had some 8 platters).

Apologies specially to Ragin_Ice if my comments hurt sentiments. This is purely my personal opinion.

For people who want to start a thread of discussions on my comments.. Please do not spoil somebody's thread. Lets do such discussions in a discussion thread.

:hap5:

please don't fight guys, everyone is welcome with there opinion. I don't mind, until it goes out of the topic.

@Ragin_Ice : I'm upgrading it for my use only, but if anybody is interested, then also fine.

I'm quite firm on the price as a new one with little better config sells for 52k, over the link I posted earlier, and of course with a cheaper construction.

I'm just looking for the guy who loves the tank to ride on. :)

But guys, how does it sound as a deal

IBM Thinkpad R60

Processor : Intel Core Duo processor T5600 (1.83GHz)

Memory : 3GB (667MHz crucial, upgraded from 1GB Hynix)

Hard drive : 320GB 7200 rpm (Hitachi as the old 80GB one is also Hitachi)

Display : 15" TFT display

CD and DVD drive : CDRW/DVDRW Multi-Burner drives (changed buy the lenovo ppl 6 mons back)

Graphics : Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Networking : Intel 802.11abg wireless

And, of course with an extra new Battery. The old one still gives 100 min back up with a video on and arnd 160 mins in any reader mode.

This whole bundle at 23k.
(non negotiable) :D

is it a 3:4 screen? what is buying date of the computer?

jyotirmoy.dutta said:
I'm just looking for the guy who loves the tank to ride on. :)
This must be the defining statement of this deal
:( much as i would like to ride a tank :) but no moolah now :)
Anyways, a free bump

Looks awesome man!! I have a VAIO but I still love the thinkpads :) free bump.. Let me know via PM how much would it cost with say 2GB RAM + new battery.. best price.. I am considering one for my sister..

jyotirmoy.dutta said:
yeah, 3:4 screen. Bought in May 2007.
That's a good selling point actually these days. You won't believe how many programmers at my company hate the new Thinkpad's 16:9 displays. IMO, the Thinkpad is supposed to be the ultimate laptop for the programmer. But the productivity hit is just too much with all the scrolling one has to do to just to see your code.

They should've left the display panels as regular 4:3 at least on these models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back