IBM vs TCS

The thing is Indian operations of all these foreign IT companies, well, absolutely suck.Very smart people end up doing 2nd rung stuff for these companies which is not good.

TCS is probably the best Indian IT company to work at right now, ridiculously successful in recent times, and job security is a thing I have come to respect a lot after the recession.

mathew_p_a said:
-TCS is paying me 1 lakh lesser in CTC than IBM. But IBM is putting 1 lakh as a bonus paid yearly. So CTC comes to be almost similar.

I will just ask one egotistic question..

When you hear...

I work for IBM

I work for TCS

Which appeals better for you ?

Dude forget the CTC and bonus, how much will you get in hand every month in TCS and IBM??

agantuk said:
^ Damn it dude.

"People think I am one of the ones with a halo, but I am not enjoying it".

"Huh, they think I am just one of lacs, little do they know what I am up to :D "

Tell us more about your startup :)

Accenture has done pretty well this time..they given best hikes in industry in 2010 AFAIK ( i got nearly 30%:eek:hyeah:) and so did many of my colleagues .

My poor friends in IBM got b/w 3-7% . By the way appraisal system is also very important as you mentioned 1lac bonus thing with IBM. I would take that 1Lac as joining bonus rather than getting laid :p..oops paid after a year

@47Shailesh Well..I'm not saying global is good. I said before that "I would say TCS is better than IBM". But @OP asked which sounds better "I work in TCS" or "I work in IBM"....that's is why I said "I work in IBM" sounds better as it's an International Company and one the ancient IT Company.

Thanks again guys for all the feedback. Finally I have made my decision and now I am sitting idle in TCS waiting for project allocation ... LOL... :)

mathew_p_a said:
Thanks again guys for all the feedback. Finally I have made my decision and now I am sitting idle in TCS waiting for project allocation ... LOL... :)
Congrates buddy ... utilize sametime :D

IBM > Accenture/TCS/Wipro/Infosys/CSC etc PERIOD

In USA IBM is one of the best paying companies, sadly this is true in India only if you are from the IITs other wise you won't even get a 8-10 lacs CTC.

^^ Only holds true for IBM Labs,Not for IBM services. So Please give rest to assertions with *PERIOD*. IBM service in general is no better than other big service guys, neither in terms of work nor in terms of money. And there could be exception to it as well, hence no Period.

Kindly avoid generalization, anyways the thread is concluded as OP already joined TCS.

Back