(IC) Galaxy S4, iphone 5, BB Bold 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poga, can you confirm that there will no proof of purchase for this from the dealer? Is this a grey market phone then or is it sourced from US or UK?
If there will be proof of purchase for this then we can use that for warranty :)
Mate imported pieces do not carry warranty in india.

Poga, can you confirm that there will no proof of purchase for this from the dealer? Is this a grey market phone then or is it sourced from US or UK?
If there will be proof of purchase for this then we can use that for warranty :)

Imported = grey = no proof of purchase = no warranty

^^ stocks or no stocks. Imports generally dont have warranty unless a manufacturer offers international warranty.

What he meant was that if there is proof of purchase, one can avail warranty in the countries where the product was actually sold.

Read it again. Dont think that is what he meant. Afaik, if we have a proof of purchase, that proof of purchase would have to be from the vendor in the country which we are buying from to avail warranty in that country.
If the dealer gives some kind of kaccha bill , that would mean squat.

However for samsung phones, i have claimed warranty on the basis of kaccha bill. The svc guys just decided to ignor that fact and i kinda got lucky.

What he meant was that if there is proof of purchase, one can avail warranty in the countries where the product was actually sold.

He wants proof of purchase so that his company will pay for the phone....he needs a bill to get the money....

Update: Dealer says there will be very few S4s. This is the first time I am in talks with him for so many pieces. He can't guarantee the date but keeps saying he will get back to me as soon as he receives the pieces. I will be confirming details after getting the phones. As per TE guidelines and as there are enough interested already for me to get a few pieces, I will be requesting mods to close this thread tomorrow night. Members who wish to add their names to the IC please post in thread by tomorrow. I would be reopening the thread only once I have the pieces and can turn this into a GO.cheers

@Vantheman and PrateekS
The simple question asked was if we will get a proof of purchase coz the dealer would have sourced it from some other country. Samsung usually agrees to provide warranty if there is a valid receipt from any other country.
I have availed of warranty in the UK for a Galaxy S2 bought in India.
And Prateek, seriously where did the company and getting the money from company come from mate :) Do send me the company name who does this if you know it. ;)
@rdst_1
Many thanks for getting me right.

@Poga
If you can let us know in case we can get the proof of purchase, that would be great. Else, there would be no warranty on these items.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ummm wow thats a new one. Didnt know samsung honoured the warranty in different countries!
Good on them. Cant see service centers here doing the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back