IC : GO for Verbatim DvD+R Local Mumbai Group Order

Brings me to the query.. how come the made in jap/taiwan/Singapore have to be preferred to such an extent...?

Have the made in India ones been loosing the integrity, or have the disc gone bad ...??

Brings me to the query.. how come the made in jap/taiwan/Singapore have to be preferred to such an extent...?

Have the made in India ones been loosing the integrity, or have the disc gone bad ...??

The MIJ verbs are Taiyo Yudens if i'm not mistaken, one of the best out there.

About india, in case you didn't know, everything from dairy milk and coke to american garden popcorn becomes crap $hit once manufactured here...

Indian Verbatim's are not that bad. If used with a decent DVD Writer they may be just as good.

T Y made Veerb's are the best in the world.

Both the above media are Grade 1 when it comes to quality.

Rest all the stuff available in India ,i.e, Moser Bayer, Sony, HP etc.. are Grade 2 or Grade 3.

@ Julian

I know abt TY. I got em those blanks with me.. 30 of em and i know what TY stands for in terms of quality.

Thing is, i had burnt few DVDs way back in 2005 and they work just fine now as well. Only that the disc surface has shown a penchant for adapting the hexagon pattern from the disc sleeves they have been stored in. Apart from that they worked just fine. These were moserbaer and even writex during the good ol' days.

Where has the grade 2/3 been failing..? esp if u write them at 4x...?

Longevity..? I have seen unbranded ones.. dirt cheap develop holed on the silver component of the disc. Not the ones i mentioned above.

Data Integrity? My ps3 still played those w.o any pixelation/stuttering.

These were burnt 7 yrs back and they are still performing. So again.. how necessary is it to go all out for deal old Mij / t / s discs and be skipping the made in India ones and be paying more as well...??

I used to use Moser Baer discs (i've tried almost every brand out there, once bought like 8 different discs when i was in dubai) and would exclusively burn them at 4x. Still i've had many failures both when burning and after a year or two. The MB DLs are even worse. So i switched to verbs, first indian ones, had very few fail when burning. But with the MIJs, failures are a thing of the past. I regularly burn them at 8x now, and they're going strong.

So i dunno about you, but my experience has been that the MIJ verbs are worth the 2 bucks/disc premium and would exclusively use those as long as i can get them.

@ Julian

I know about TY. I got em those blanks with me.. 30 of em and i know what TY stands for in terms of quality.

Thing is, i had burnt few DVDs way back in 2005 and they work just fine now as well. Only that the disc surface has shown a penchant for adapting the hexagon pattern from the disc sleeves they have been stored in. Apart from that they worked just fine. These were moserbaer and even writex during the good ol' days.

Where has the grade 2/3 been failing..? esp if u write them at 4x...?

Longevity..? I have seen unbranded ones.. dirt cheap develop holed on the silver component of the disc. Not the ones i mentioned above.

Data Integrity? My ps3 still played those w.o any pixelation/stuttering.

These were burnt 7 yrs back and they are still performing. So again.. how necessary is it to go all out for deal old Mij / t / s discs and be skipping the made in India ones and be paying more as well...??

What can I say, I've dumped around 10 Moser-Bayer ones, around 5 Sony ones and around 50 CD-Rs from Moser Bayer Sony(CDRs went bad to wore in 3 years) etc. All of these were burnt in 2005. They started showing visual signs of decay in 2008-9(,i.e, after 3.5 years) and started becoming unreadable in 2010(after 4 years). Verbatim DVD+Rs(burnt in 2007) are still not showing ANY sign of decay they still look brand new.

Storage used 3x250 Slot DVD Magazines stored in a closed locker with huge number of Silica-Gel packets.
<

I was waiting for Blue-Ray to beat price per GB of DVDs for a long time, well, the pricing has been fixed due to piracy concerns so went the HDD way, 3 times my 2TB crashed for no reason of mine in a regulated environment of a 1.5KvAVR and a Seasonic made Corsair VX450, so now I dont trust Hard Disks at all or for that matter f*** you WD
sign42.gif
for making s****y 2TBs.
Hence I'm settling for DVDs once again.

Burning any Verbatim DVD+R @ 8x with LITE-ON or ASUS or BenQ DVDRWs will give you a very good quality burn even if the media is made in India. Burn quality for Made in Japan, Made in Taiwan and Made in Singapore stuff will be even better.

Pricing is going to be released soon, so wait guys I've pm'd 200MPH for it too, he's out of country.

^ Well it seems that u really did got the raw deal on these storage media.

I have with me even T series' ultra cheap cds and they are still fine. Also there is no credible information on the web about the failure/quality decay of the Mi-I brands of discs. I still dont think the discs made in India are that bad that they gonna make you back the data on a perfectly written disc a second time, unless the disc gets scratched.

Oh and about storing data on TB of HDD.. was never a fan. Your situation is precisely what i dread. One deathly clickety click sound from the HDD and you know what's coming your way. Loosing sleep over making back ups of humongous proportions, not even sure if the s/w will retrieve data or not, professional assistance, making space on existing drives for retrieval, RMA procedure.. Thank you, i rather will purchase 4 x 500GB than be getting a 2TB single basket to put the eggs into. Sorry to hear your case though.

I am more interested in the Printable discs for my toon collection. DL ones. Any report on the Mij/s/t pricings..?

The ones available on dvdstoredelhi is 45/- apiece.

^^ Just consider one thing mate, we're not ALL crazy/paranoid/delusional/loaded to be going through all this trouble to get the MIJs. There must be some reason we're ready to spend all this time/effort to do so right?

Anyway, have to agree wholeheartedly on the hdd bit. The biggest single hdd i've personally owned is a 320gb and when even that failed it was a nightmare. Luckily found a good data recover dude and got everything back. I would also stick to a 512gb limit, as it seems that anything over that size has a far greater failure rate. And just too much data to be lost in a single stroke. Only problem in my case is an older mobo. So with my ssds, i don't have too many spare ports for hdds. Might get a pci sata card or something.

^^ Just consider one thing mate, we're not ALL crazy/paranoid/delusional/loaded to be going through all this trouble to get the MIJs. There must be some reason we're ready to spend all this time/effort to do so right?

Arey who is saying that all this debate/statement from my side is to dissuade u from going for the J/T/S made media..? I myself got 100 TY discs when i needed em.

I only am seeking in what ways the Indian made stuff has been failing. Just cuz the ones i got have served me well doesnt means that i wont fall prey to these one not so fine day. I had asked aman to put my name in the list way back because i too prefer quality stuff anyday.

Indian made verbs been doing fine so i asked for the experience people have faced regarding troubles so as to get a clear picture. I am in no way saying that one shd stay off from purchasing more reliable ones, but simply seeking clarification if the Indian made ones are that bad/having sureshot failure rate or decaying that we should ignore them despite them being in plain sight and their cheaper pricing as well
<

Since 200mph is not replying ,i.e, he's still out of country , I'll go ahead with the go.

MIJ's are not available in a VFM Price, do you guys want Verbatim DVD+R Indian/UAE make if I get a good price for it ?

Reply ASAP.

All those interested please PM me the final quantity you require and for other details.

Price :

VERBATIM DVD+R MII Rs.530 / spindle of 50

VERBATIM DVD+R DL MIS = Rs.48 / piece in a Box of 10

@ cooleagle

@ Superbad

@ Spacescreamer

@ Pranav.Falcon

@ vivek.krishnan

@ paddydevil

@ manusag

@ doom2010

@ Julian

@ amit100186

@ ?dOuBtFiRe?

@ phunsukh

@ Kevin Lane

@ sam000

@ [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 253)]naveen chauhan[/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 253)] [/background][/font]

@Sarath_

@ KernelPanic

Cheers.

#[member='aman.pitbull'] use a # instead of an @.

are you ready to hold on till the first week of june for my payments? then i will go with a pack of 50 for 500.

#[member='aman.pitbull'] use a # instead of an @.

are you ready to hold on till the first week of june for my payments? then i will go with a pack of 50 for 500.

I'm not a dealer, I'm just conveying the price at which I'm getting. I've tried bargaining but they dont budge at all. If you dont like the price you can buy from wherever you get better pricing and let us know too.

Back