IC : Group Order Nokia XpressMusic 5800 (Mumbai and Delhi/NCR Members Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhOeNiX

Skilled
Nokia XpressMusic 5800 (MUMBAI AND DELHI USERS ONLY)

Specifications at a glance (courtesy IceFusion) :

3.2 inches TFT touchscreen, 16M colors 360 x 640 pixels

Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate

Handwriting recognition

microSD (TransFlash), up to 16GB, 8GB included

81 MB internal memory

128 MB SDRAM memory

ARM 11 369 MHz CPU

GPRS, HSCSD, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA, WiFi, UPnP technology,Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP,microUSB

Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5

3.2 MP autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss optics

Built-in GPS receiver

Stereo FM radio with RDS

TV out

3.5 mm audio output jack

Battery, Li-Ion 1320 mAh(BL-5J)

Review : http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/nokia-5800-xpressmusic-hands-on-123070.html

About this Deal

This is not a dealers order . This is basically a interest check for Mumbai and Delhi members who are interested in getting a piece, and who are in for getting the phones in bulk so that effectively the cost is lower. This thread is to just collect the names of these users so we can coordinate together better.

UPDATE [22nd December]

The M.R.P is confirmed at Rs 21839/- inclusive of 4% VAT. This is the price that is being given by the Nokia Priority Dealers. Also, it's being said that a Sennheiser Head Phone worth Rs 4000/- will be included with the package for the Pre-Order along with Songs and Videos on the Memory Card. The model number of the headphones and its availability is not yet confirmed. Final pricing when the deal goes through can now be between Rs 18,000 - Rs 21,800. Also , as of now, ALL BLACK Pieces are NOT available in the Pre-Order.

UPDATE [22nd December Evening:eek:hyeah:]

First Looks and Hands On Impressions

The phone is the perfect size for a Touch Phone. Fits perfectly in your hands, and is light. But there comes the problem. It's a bit too light for its own good. The weight makes the plastic parts used seem cheap.

The Touch sensitivity is great, not as much as the iPhone definitely , but not too far behind also. The QWERTY, Mini-QWERTY and other inputs are damn easy to use, even using your fingers. With the stylus, its even better.

Sound quality is good, and the volume is loud, extremely loud . I compared it to the extra speakers that you get with some other music edition phones, and the volume is nearly the same for the 5800's loudspeakers and the external speakers.

The camera is also good. The 3.2MP CZ camera will be more than sufficient for my needs, and should be for most of the other users also. Though definitely not the best, still good enough.

That said, this phone is well worth the price. A definite buy for me, and i guess most of the others also .

Now, comes the important thing, the price
I have been quoted Rs 21800 with the Sennheisser Headphones (Model still unknown) . After talking to the guy a bit and explaining that most of us here either have better headphones, or will buy something better for a lower price separately, he agreed on a buyback of all 15-20 Headphones we will be getting with our packages.

The final cost of the phone without the headphones will be Rs 19000 - 19500 inclusive of all taxes :clap: :clap: . But for this , we need to pre-order the phones with him, and that too within tomorrow or day after as beyond that he cannot guarantee we will be getting the Sennheisser bundle phones, and the pre-order needs a deposit of Rs 2000/- per phone which is completely refundable if you decide at a later point to not buy the phone from them.

The phone will be delivered/ready for pickup on or before 4th January

UPDATE [26th December]

This GO has been now extended to Delhi People also. Any Delhi/NCR guy can make contact with Switch and ask for further details.

Delhi price for only the XpressMusic 5800 is Rs 19500/-. This is without the Sennheiser bundle.

So to sum it up here are the details

Nokia XpressMusic 5800

Colours Available - Red/Blue

Delivery date - 3rd/4th January or before that.

Price

Rs 21800/- with Sennheisser Headphones

Rs 19500/- without the headphones.

Location - Dadar West / New Delhi

Clause - Pre-Order downpayment of Rs 2000/- per phone required. Refundable.

Contact Person

Mumbai - PhOeNiX

Delhi/NCR - Switch

I personally would not prefer shipping this to anywhere, as the responsibility is too much. If a non-Mumbai user wants in, kindly find someone in Mumbai to take the responsibility, and who can accompany us when we make the purchase.

Also, i want everyone in this deal and even those who are not in the deal, to please update this thread with the deals they can get from their contacts, complete with availability etc. One more thing, i have heard the Red/Black and the All-Black models will be the first ones to run out, so kindly mention the colour preferences too so that at the time of confirming the GO with the dealers, we can make sure that the required models are available.
Blue

Red

Black [NOT AVAILABLE IN THE PRE-ORDER]

Those who are interested kindly put in your interest in this format

[No. of pieces] x [UserId] x [Colour Preference,if any] x [Location]

Also please put in your name in the interest link.

Currently Interested

2 x PhOeNiX - Red/Black or Black

1 x metalspree - Black (Non-Mumbai)

1 x NeViLLe - Red/Black

1 x Shotgun - Red/Black

1 x rocky_pratik - Red/Black

1 x motorheadinc - Blue/Black or Black

1 x jesal - Blue/Black or Black

1 x rushabht - Red/Black

1 x coolraghav - Red/Black (Non-Mumbai)

1 x muzzi - Red/Black

1 x abhi

1 x H@cker

1 x zmachine

1 x buBlez - Blue/Black (Non-Mumbai)

1 x viralbug - Red/Black

1 x Fuzail - Black

1 x anks22402 - Red/Black or Black

1 x RoBoGhOsT - Red/Black

Total Quantity

I am in for the Phone , will sell off my my present phone which is a windows mobile by next week ,its just 2 weeks old :ashamed: :ashamed:

[1] x [metalspree] x [Black] x [Bangalore]

PS: i have a friend in Mumbai a non TE member who would accompany u

Great. Do mention it in this format

[No. of pieces] x [UserId] x [Colour Preference,if any] x [Location]

Put me up for one too... depending on the final price...

EDIT 2: [1] x [NeViLLe] x [Black/Red] x [Mumbai]

Added all the names.

@robo - I wont be shipping it , and i believe no one else would like to take the responsibility for this expensive and sensitive thing. See if you can coax someone into purchasing on your behalf in mumbai.

1 for me as well. mostly in blue but i want to see the black one as well first. im told the line in the center is grey color in black phone and blue in blue and red in red. so either blue or black for me

this whole color thing is a issue. i am attaching the pics of how the phone will look. the blue phone is fully blue, red is full red and black is full black

black

blue

red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back