IC : Heatsink Lapping Kit

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Finally thinking of making one GO :p
I know a source where to get some fine emery paper needed to get that flat shiny finish.
Some examples of what I'm offering here will do to your bases:
Freaky's TTBT

My A64 3000+

My DangerDen TDX Block - This is only with a 1200 grit.

My Another waterblock
Range of sandpapers available:
Cartier - 600

Matador - 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500. 3000, well a very slim chance of getting if you order enough sheets.
Pics:

Sheet compared to an A4 sheet.

Each sheet will be useful for lapping 2-4 bases.
Each cartier 600 sheet will cost 15 rupees, the matador sheets will cost 45 and above for each sheet, cost going up with grit levels too. Last time I paid 50 for a sheet of 2500grit.
Shipping, depends. Its kinad big enugh to fit in a letter envelope, so can send it in one. Shipping wont be more than 50 anywhere in india.
These stuff are avalable in Mysore. I wont be going there for 2 weeks, ie., next saturday. So by then if there is sizeable amounts of order, will proceed. I recommend one should get a sheet of all possible sizes. :)
PS : All these sheets are of the wet variety, its recommended you get a flat piece of glass locally. I can send the glass piece, but 99% sure it will break during transport :)
Payment through EFT, onto my account.
Current Status:
SunnyBoi - 1 of every sheet

bottle - 1 of every sheet

Naga - 1 of every sheet

Freaky - 1 of every sheet

archish - 1 of every sheet

bikey - 1 of every sheet

vNerd - 1 of every sheet

kippu - 1 of every sheet

vNerd friend - 1 of every sheet

SiriusB - 1 of every sheet

m4w - 1 of every sheet

random2 - 1 of every sheet

spolygon - 1 of every sheet
Total Count as of now : 13 confirmed

Wet or dry?? :)
What's the material used in these papers?? :p
Since you mention lapping kit- do we get a piece of absolutely flat glass too?? :eek:hyeah: <--- you beat me to it. :lol:
Pics are a must now but expecting people to check pics for specs is kinda lame imho. :bleh:

All sheets are wet. First post updated! Thanks bikey :D But i guess u cud see those sheets and read wet written on them :p

lol, for those who want it cheap, send it as some sort of birthday card :lol:

just the stamp fees :lol:

and they'll be getting a gift inside , even if it isnt their birthday :rofl:

yeah why not :p but the person must bear shipping costs both ways + paper cost + my labour charges :p

SunnyBoi said:
yeah why not :p but the person must bear shipping costs both ways + paper cost + my labour charges :p

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
make him high he will start dancing :tongue:

SunnyBoi said:

I am in:tongue:

On serious note put me down for 1 of each and 1 piece of glass too.:eek:hyeah:

Local pickup of course.:hap2:

PS: oh and you will have to show me how to do it properly too.

glass lol go to any glass shop, tell him to give u a small piece of waste glass. you shud get it for free :p

there are lots of online tuts on how to lap. no need for specific instrictions form me :p

I was pulling your leg on the glass bit, there is broken window piece lying in my room. :bleh:

Hmm thanks. Why don't you do a 'guide' article on this?:hap2:

One of every kind for me, please!

Thanks for this (possible) GO. I bought a kit from frozencpu but it "ran out" even before I could get a good result with my HR-03 plus. But the flat piece of acrylic(I think) it came with will be helpful now.

Back