ICC like service for items from UK?

varkey

Skilled
I just won an auction for an item on eBay UK and wanted to know about services like ICC World for getting items from UK.

ICC World also handles UK, they charge 15 GBP for 1 lb and 6 GBP for each lb additional plus fuel surcharges etc, so wanted to know if there is any service which is cheaper. There is also vPost which charges about 20 GBP for a 1kg item ( After 30% ICICI Promo ) but I'm doubtful about their handling etc.

If you know of any other service or have any good/bad experience with vPost please post. :)

They seem to be more expensive than others. Think I'll go with ICC World itself once I confirm the rates etc with them tomorrow.

icc specializes in usa delivery only as they have an office in the US .. for delivery from UK you have to make sure that the item is sent to their UK office . + u will have to get a ppo address from them .. its very complicated from the UK with icc . i suggest you do not order .. from the US they can get anything u want .

^ I have already registered for their PPO service and they have given their UK address too. Further since this is an auction only their PPO service will work, the Shop Abroad option will not be applicable anyway.

I have got two items through their PPO service from the US and it was a good experience. Is the service any different for shipments from UK? Please share your experience! :)

@Praks - Have you tried the Aramex service? Their rates seems to be really good except the initial cost. Only 18 USD for delivery to India for 1KG package.

they have clearly told me shipments from UK are a big no-no for them .. unless someone takes them physically to their office in the UK it cant be done .. i wanted to order a lot of things from the UK but they told me it was complicated . so i didnt bother as i did not want to risk it .

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. But last time I asked them, they said no problems for items from UK too. Anyway I will call them tomorrow and check.

Btw has anyone used the Aramex service? What will be the final charge be like, after the service tax etc etc. Any idea?

^ Only if the item is a gift, the 10k limit applies. For others duty is charged as normal.

Anyway contacted Aramex on twitter and they offered 50% off on the signup charges. Will call them tomorrow morning for the detailed pricing. If good will go with them! :)

The charges are $10 for first 0.5kg and $8 for each additional 0.5kg. There will be a 10.33% service charge on this. I was planning to get a phone and the duty is ONLY 1.03%! :O Awesome! There is also a customs clearing charge of Rs 100.

And found another voucher to open the account for $5 - 'SNS10VSCH'

Much better than ICC for UK, they charge 15 GBP for 1lb and 6 GBP for each additional lb. But there is 17% Fuel Surcharge and 10.33% Service tax on top of that too.

:) I just opened the account and will be asking the seller to ship it to Aramex UK.

The duty and shipping charges will be collected on delivery.

varkey said:
And found another voucher to open the account for $5 - 'SNS10VSCH'

Much better than ICC for UK, they charge 15 GBP for 1lb and 6 GBP for each additional lb. But there is 17% Fuel Surcharge and 10.33% Service tax on top of that too.
Thank You,Just opened one account...

Aramex is much better than ICC for sure,,,,

Have tried using someone else account...

Please keep us updated and we are all very eagerly waiting. Also, for the ICC PPO, how are the charges and request you to post some examples.

For ICC PPO, from US

$10 for the first 1lb and then $6 for each additional lb. There is a 17% Fuel Surcharge on the shipping rate and another 10.3% service charge on the whole amount.

Customs handling charge of minimum Rs 100 or 15% of the duty amount.

I just made the payment for the item yesterday, will be shipped to Aramex UK by today. :)

@varkey

Buddy, Try to ask Aramex of cleaning customs too. They do that too, Dont take headache of visiting customs office & run around.

Back