ICC like service for items from UK?

Thanks. I am getting a eSATA HDD Dock from Amazon US. It has reached Aramex and shipped to India yesterday. In the catagory, it says, "Electronics". I knew that Electronics attracts more custom duty than computer accessories but did not know exact percentage.

Sending a mail to Anuradha Iyer with Amazon Invoice details and description to tell that:

1. it is computer accessory

2. Actual value of product (so that custom people do not think that it is expensive product because of size)

Do I need to send it to any other email id as well ?

Since you bought it from Amazon, they would have included a proper invoice with item description along with the package, so it should be fine. Sending a mail to Anuradha Iyer should be enough. :)

^^^

That was the reason why they charged me more for my dell streak.

Even on dell website, the streak is ****in placed under tablets section and not under phones :(

BTW I've raised the issue with Shop and Ship and they are investigating.

varkey said:
Since you bought it from Amazon, they would have included a proper invoice with item description along with the package, so it should be fine. Sending a mail to Anuradha Iyer should be enough. :)
Thanks. Mail sent. To be on safer side, I appended the Amazon order confirmation below my mail. :)

On a US$25 product, they are going to charge me Rs.1,235/- as shipping charges + custom duty. And custom duty is charged on value of the product plus shipping charges. :(

In the morning, I got an email from Anuradha that it will be taken care of and now I checked the status, they have indeed updated it to "Computer Accessory". Earlier it was "Electronics".

Appreciate their service. :clap:

Back