ICC like service for items from UK?

It reached mahipalpur at 7 in the morning. That place is less than 30 minutes from where I live. My earlier shipments were delivered within 3 hours after they landed at mahipalpur but this one seems to be stuck there :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Screwed up.

I was charged a duty of 2880 :( over the normal shipping charges of 855 + taxes.

These guys screwed me up royally.

^ Oh thats sad. Was it declared as a Mobile Phone in the customs receipt? And how much did the assessable value come to?

Btw how is phone? :p

I have not yet received the phone. I told them to recheck. They will report me back by 6 in the evening and I might get the phone in the night.

Messed the whole deal.

what did it they write in description category of your shop n ship account? my phone was shipped described as computer accessories, but the seller

had undervalued it @50$ which saved me from custom duty.

oh! that explains the duty. if you haven't already done it, shoot an email to anuradha and ask if the duty can be refunded in case you are able to prove

that it's a mobile phone by giving the invoice or better call her.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
It was written as electronics. :(

It not wrong because Dell Streak is "Pocket Tablet" but it also has mobile radio, so could also pass as mobile phone. But in the end, the last decision depends upon the custom official who handled your case.

also, amarex gives you custom receipt. so you can appeal against the assessed value & get refund. But get ready to face some serious red-tape:p

Do keep as posted:)

I don't know why I even started up with this deal. I am so very ****ed up.

The box was handed over to my wife while I was at my office. On the phone, I asked her to open it up and check for any kind of tampering. She just checked that the phone was indeed there and there was no tamepring done with the package.

When I reached back home I realized that there was no micro SD card included in the package. Another big blow. I am currently using the 8gb card from my nokia 5233. I wonder what to do now. I don't think I can send this thing back to the US or DELL US will help me in any way. Pathetic quality control. How can they do that ?

This was the worst ever shopping experience.

The phone itself is not so great. It looks huge but thats about it. The interface is nowhere near the IPHONEs or even the HTCs. I am highly disappointed by the chain of events, this phone and my luck. I should have given a thought to my wife's words about not buying this phone.

Missing MicroSD seems to be a result of someone's fetis for memory cards at Aramex. Earlier mgdelhi too have reported the same thing, twice or thrice i beleive. Since he lives close to your place and the same has happened to you too so i think someone at Mahipalpur must be doing this. Why not report this to Area head?

Yeah, I got 3 ZTE Blades in last month. Micro-SD was not there in 2 out of 3.

Out of those 2 with missing Micro-SD, One of them was bought brand new from Play.com and other from eBay. The eBay seller also confidentally said that she never took out the Micro-SD card.

I am 99% sure that it was stolen at Delhi customs. They know that if they steal anything bigger, that will come in to limelight and nobody will bother much about micro-sd and will check that at last.

^^^

Dude I need to talk to you.

I sent an email to Anuradha Iyer regarding this and I would be filing a consumer complaint against shop and ship. Would need you as well to confirm that your stuff was stolen too.

PM me your number. I'll call you.

^^ File a complaint with Cust Care and if you are not satisfied with the progress - shoot an email to Aramex Country Head , Percy Avery with copy to everybody in charge of Delhi circle. That works wonder !!

My phone was lying at Mumbai for 2 days after Customs clearance and they wouldn't listen to numerous calls. One email solved the problem with special delivery within 12 hours on the Christmas Day evening followed by numerous calls apologizing the delay.

^^^

Perfect ! I am on it now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ Archat

Got it. I would just need the email address of the country head from you. Would you be able to PM that to me ?

Back