ICC World Twenty20, 2010 (Apr 30 - May 16)

So, anyone fancy minnows?

Its a pity that Afghanistan is in same group as India and SA. They have been THE best amongst non test playing nations for over a year now.

Any other group and they would have had a chance to get into second round ( Or at least I would have rooted for them ).

^ bro they defeated everyone including Kenya n USA to qualify for T20 World cup

I saw few matches and i would say they play well

It would fun watching India vs Afghanistan :D

Ahh.. Now I find T20 boring even... :cry: NO more T20's please :mad:...

I wish, Test cricket and ODI will own T20 again.

Shripad said:
So, anyone fancy minnows?

Its a pity that Afghanistan is in same group as India and SA. They have been THE best amongst non test playing nations for over a year now.

Any other group and they would have had a chance to get into second round ( Or at least I would have rooted for them ).

Who knows the outcome ? :p Out cricket team has been upset by small fry on more than one occasion. Same with SA.

^^ Unlikely even with our worst performance, but if that happens, I will apply for citizenship of Afghanistan and become NRA. Shouldn't be too difficult right :)

Kenya never got test status.

Right now Zimbabwe too dont have test status.

Currently only 9 teams including Bangladesh have test status. And highest ever was 10 ( Zimbabwe is the missing party )

Shripad said:
Kenya never got test status.
Right now Zimbabwe too dont have test status.
Currently only 9 teams including Bangladesh have test status. And highest ever was 10 ( Zimbabwe is the missing party )

Hmm my bad.....this days too much 20-20 happening i 4got all about it....

Also 4got Zimbabwe lost its test status ..

But how come Afghanistan did they won any tournament which decides team qualify for world cup cricket....like the ones which Uae,Kenya,Ireland qualifies?

Yup, There were T20 qualifiers held a while back in UAE.

Winners and runner up qualified for World T20.

Afghanistan won it by beating Ireland. IIRC they only lost 1 match during that qualification.

The progress they have made in short period is stunning. From having no team to qualify for WT20 , get ODI status is impressive keeping in mind they didnt have a team 5 years back at all.

Back