ICICI Bank Data Leak

Hmm, I did not find anything in Cert-IN. They say they reported it and it was fixed in 2 months, which in itself is too long.
I wonder if we will ever get to the truth.

Other banks have worse software. ICICI i feel is the most decent of the lot followed by SBI. Atleast from a look and feel perspective. I am not an expert to comment on how the backend is.
Have you tried HDFC? IMO their application, service and everything is far better than ICICI

Have you tried HDFC? IMO their application, service and everything is far better than ICICI
Although off-topic, I have a question about HDFC for you if you know.
I do have an HDFC account and I used to use mobile app initially but now since a couple months (or more?) they added some feature called trusted device or something similar where mobile app can only be used on one device which you "bind" or "link" with the app during a setup phase.

I want you ask you is there an easy way to "unlink" the device and "link" a new device in case of a device change or factory reset? Say you lost your phone and bought a new one, how would you re-login on mobile app when you don't have your old device anymore?
I haven't linked my phone since this was introduced and stopped using the app as I don't wanna deal with going to the bank for the unlinking process if that's the case.

My wife uses it. I didn't like it. Their service is not good lol that's why RBI pulled them up and banned them from issues credit cards for almost 2 years. Their systems keep going down frequently even after ban was lifted.

I want you ask you is there an easy way to "unlink" the device and "link" a new device in case of a device change or factory reset? Say you lost your phone and bought a new one, how would you re-login on mobile app when you don't have your old device anymore?
I think to link a new device you would need to install the registered sim card to the new device. I haven't faced this issue when I switched to another phone probably because I moved the simcard as well.

My wife uses it. I didn't like it. Their service is not good lol that's why RBI pulled them up and banned them from issues credit cards for almost 2 years. Their systems keep going down frequently even after ban was lifted.
I believe the banking service you get depends on your location. I'm from Bangalore and almost everyone I know uses HDFC as primary. After the ban they've really fixed their systems and it rarely goes down anymore. In my experience ICICI has to be the worst banking services compared to other indian international banks.

Hdfc is improving. now it also supports esim in app which it was not supporting before. reset leaving my cc experience. rest its good. only issue which i have faced currently is of upi not available sometimes after 5pm to 7pm. but I think its universal stuff :p

These days I don't even use banking apps much. UPI apps are better if I just want to check the balance or move the funds quickly between them. And when I do need mobile banking, I open net banking on the mobile instead of going to the bank's app.

Hdfc is improving. now it also supports esim in app which it was not supporting before. reset leaving my cc experience. rest its good. only issue which i have faced currently is of upi not available sometimes after 5pm to 7pm. but I think its universal stuff :p
What's up with that? SBI started dropping transactions in the evening a while ago, now it's HDFC too?

What's up with that? SBI started dropping transactions in the evening a while ago, now it's HDFC too?
I had a chat with a friend of mine who works at sbi about this upi transaction issue he told me that its cause of a server maintenance. He also told me that the netbanking servers are also down between 11.30 to 1.30 in night.

Basically have 5 bank accounts if you dont want to be left stranded and hope one of them works at any given time lol
Yeah. It's a standard practice unless someone wants to yolo and put all of their eggs in one basket. Banks can collapse anytime. 5 is a good minimum. Including credit, demat, loans etc one can have 10 banking relations.

Yeah. It's a standard practice unless someone wants to yolo and put all of their eggs in one basket. Banks can collapse anytime. 5 is a good minimum. Including credit, demat, loans etc one can have 10 banking relations.
lmao
I had a chat with a friend of mine who works at sbi about this upi transaction issue he told me that its cause of a server maintenance. He also told me that the netbanking servers are also down between 11.30 to 1.30 in night.
All of it is their imagination. They just give excuses.

Back