Ideal torrent downloader setup for me?

UPDATE: got it all working finally... exciting. now to get some sleep

@edrill: in a fix... now the latest build of teddy bear usb modded tomato 1.27 has samba and automount features already installed and working by default... help me just load transmission because the rest of the optware seems to be there already dont u think?

update:

okay using another guide on some forum, i was able to install optware and transmission separately. now there are two issues to resolve. firstly the swap partition shows not mounted... what to do...

secondly, i have added the command to start transmission-daemon after mounting in the tomato config page. in telnet, using top it shows transmission running... for some reasons service command just by itself doesnt seem to list the services running. now when i try to access //routerip:9091 it shows

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

please share your thoughts...

hbksabhi said:
INsted spending 10 k + on this setup
Go for a pc (green)
intel proc+ mobo (atom one) - Rs 3300
1 gb ram - Rs 600
500 Gb HDD - Rs 2450
Cabinet - Rs 1500 (iball )

pc will consume only 30 -50w :clap:
hope i helped

well dude i jst ask u a ques where frm r u getting 1gb ram @ 600 bucks,if it is ddr1 it is impossible,if it is ddr2 2nd hand wud b available @ that rate not the brand new one,nd ddr3 @ that rate in ur dreamz.

I managed to flash dd-wrt and install optware on asus wl-520gu. I am using Trek 60GB with it. I have set it to USB 1.1 since downloads in Transmission get stuck up after a while in USB 2.0. Yest i left it on, and in the morning the downloads were still active (2 up, 1 dw), so its working pretty stable :)

Some issues i am facing:
1. Getting the files to windows - the drive is ext3 and if i FTP to the drive i am getting 500kbps :( Other option is to directly connect the shared drive to my pc using USB, but even this is not working coz i am using win 7 and none of the those apps to access ext3 work on win7

2. The schedule in transmission doesn't work for me (downloads still continue after the schedule time!)

3. How to reboot the modem at specified times? Is it possible in DD-wrt?

TIA :)

Back