Audio IEM Under 1.5k and Fiio E3 or Fiio E5

W@rrier

Adept
Hi!

I'm in search of an IEM ~1.5k (new or sparsely used) a worthy upgrade to PL-21
Bass should be tight, but not overpowering and Good soundstage..
Thinking of Nuforce NE-6?
Suggestions open :)
Also Looking for an amp either Fiio e3 or e5, Not Having a lot of budget for that !
Wanna use it with my phone, which has low volume, but excellent clarity..

Cya

Hi ,

I have E5 i am looking forward to sell it , i m searching for the charger cable as of now , have the box pack , PM me if you are interested (

P.S:- I had bought it from fellow TE member few months back in 2011 only dont remember month xactly according to he recieved it on sep-oct 2010 and used it sparingly , even i have used it sparingly(roughly 2-3 hrs) ....... PM me if you are interested and note that i wil be able to ship next weekend if u want by DTDC if you are ok with professional courier services i can ship the same during weekdays too.

I have nuforce NE-7m not intersted in selling still pondering over whether i should sell it and buy other IEM if i decide on parting with the same wil let u knw

NE7M works with Clip+ perfectly. Ofcourse the mic is useless.

Anyways a small suggestion , instead of wasting your money on a useless amp , invest that in a better IEM . Get a new / used Brainwavz M2 :D None of the IEMs like NE6/M2 etc are really gonna benefit from an E3/E5.

If its for purpose if NE7m then yeah e5 really doesnt help much , i tried with NE7M not even 10 percent volume boost nor any significant increase in SQ

Cheap amps are anyways not meant to increase SQ . (degrades possible :p ). Most of them just provide volume/bass boost.

I need the amp for using with my phone which gives quite pathetic volumes! I will be pairing the amp with a pl-21 and my fone!
The main aim is to increase the volume to an acceptable level!

agree with Faheem. Invest in IEM.
If you are really tight on budget you can consider M9/M6 but amping will degrade quality IMO.
Smoking is prohibited here(public place :bleh:)

Err rather spend on a cheap player like Clip+ , will sound 10 times better than most mediocre phones . Also the amp can cause distortion/noise problems when used with a phone due to interference of RF. (radio frequency) .

I already have a clip+, but finds carrying 2 fones and an mp3 player too cluttered for my choice,
and wen i said the volume is low, it dont imply tat the quality was bad.. sound quality tests conducted by gsmarena rated the sound quality very good,although rather quiet with an earphone.
is the decrease in sq very evident??
All i want is lil bit of volume :p

You could buy the M6 or Soundmagic pl50. Pl50 is available for 1.7 k from lynx.

Or you could club the money meant for the amp to get better iem. :)

@ Rohit

I have a nokia e5!

and dude.. i am a killer.. i can smoke anywer{ In creepy voice: I know wat u did last summer :D }

@EVERYONE

the main problem is that i dont want to carry both the phone and clip+ always.. even while goin to college, cos i will not be able to look after it the whole day.. wheras my phone will be in my pocket always but while walkin to college the volume of the phone proves to be not enough!

Would an amp successfully increase the volume by 20+ %??

if i take the player and lose it at colg, i will have to sit in my room and cry :D

And btw brainwavs M2 is llik 2.8k rite?? Tats waaay over my budget!

@tenzin

I want to buy an iem with good bass.. PL-50 would be a bad choice

In that case, either get meelectronics m6 or pay some more and get brainwavz m2.

Or if you can get a good deal on nuforce ne7m ( <1.5k ) , it would be great.

@ Tenzin

I do have m6 In my mind.. but would like Ne-7m better.. will wait for a few days for the thread to get noticed.. and then decide

and M2 is way over my budget.. i can maximum increase my budget to 2k even tat would mean a lot of restrictions for me for a few days :p

I may be able to buy the M1 or pro alpha, but i dont think its as good a Ne7m.. or neither will it suit my taste that good!

Regarding M6 and M9 :

I bought M6 some 4-5 months back from known seller and I had a difficult time to get perfect fit(it is over the ear).

Now every time I had to attend a phone call or to move from my table I had to take out the earphones and to wear again had to go through whole cycle to make it perfect fit.

2nd with Cowon J3 and iphone 4 the bass was excellent but mids were very recessed and treble was harsh(V-response).

I got M9 latest stock which is currently being sold in US and I find it very easy to fit bass is very good,made of aluminum,there is vent in rear so it provides very good sound stage.

But highs are bit harsh ,mids better than M6 (do not know if that has entirely to do with fit or meelec has made changes in driver) and very good bass for its price range.

It is good that you wait and get NE-6 or Used M2 otherwise these meelec are good.

(personal opinion)

Back