Audio IEM Under 1.5k and Fiio E3 or Fiio E5

W@rrier

Adept
Nov 25, 2010
Pune/Cochin
Oh Man! the thread got moved :O
@Mods If u are watching.. I still want the Market thread :) shall i create a new thread there? This thread went offtopic from market , i know :p

rohit3192

Disciple
Dec 27, 2010
Reason may be that you are not specific(at least when you invite suggestions).
Now there is lot of smoke in audio zone.:ashamed:

Apr 28, 2009
Brampton
avinashwarrier said:
Oh Man! the thread got moved :O

@Mods If u are watching.. I still want the Market thread :) shall i create a new thread there? This thread went offtopic from market , i know :p
Yeah make a new thread, and kindly have all discussions in the tech forums.

prankie

Tech Addict
Disciple
Jul 27, 2011
Bhopal
Hi, Sorry for revoking old thread, but i thought it would be better to discuss my query here rather than creating a new thread. I own Google Nexus one and Soundmagic PL-50, Meelec M9. The problem is, when I compare the soundquality of the IEM's when plugged to my phone with my friend's N97 there is a huge difference. Sound with N97 comes a lot clearer and with much a greater detail where as on my nexus one even after fiddling a lot with the equalizer the sound although good, is not at par with N97. So will buying an amplifier like Fiio E5 really help??

Thanks.

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
Jan 27, 2005
Chennai
^ I have a Galaxy S which has similar hardware to the Nexus S I assume and I found it very hard to find a pair of IEM's to match it. M9 sounded lousy but sounded great with clip+.

One thing you could try is install Voodoo sound app, which improves sound quality and boosts volume. Also you could check out the JVC Marshmallows which sounded pretty good with the phone

prankie

Tech Addict
Disciple
Jul 27, 2011
Bhopal
@bottle
Just to correct you, mine is Google Nexus One, and not Nexus S. and AFAIK Voodo is only supported for Samsung devices, mine is made by HTC.

baccilus

Skilled
Oct 21, 2007
Chandigarh
I have a very similar query to the OP so I am not creating a new thread, just asking here. I want to buy earphone for pairing with an iPhone 4 which I will be gifting to someone. Should cost within 1.5k. I will be buying tomorrow from Lynx store. I guess he has a huge range. Can someone please recommend the best possible earphones in this range. If required, I will get amp too with it.

prankie

Tech Addict
Disciple
Jul 27, 2011
Bhopal
Coming back to my question, will getting an amp like Fiio E-5 improve the overall sound quality or will it just bump the volume and bass? or should i consider buying Media player like Sansa clip+ for listening music alone?