Audio IEM Under 2K

What was the OP guy doing when Amarbir had M2 in the Deal of the DAY @ just 2000 +shipping +5% tax !!

IT was a great deal, you should have grabbed it . :)

eternoMind said:
I'll second you on that one. Me too was reading reviews the past 3-4 days, and as you say there is no absolute upgrade from the PL-21 in terms of overall SQ for under 2K. So yes thinking about the M2 now. Although for a moment i was tempted by the RE-2, but reviews advise an amp like E5 to get the best out of it (read bass :D). I personally find it inconvenient carrying an amp around. Can RE-2 users elaborate on this aspect ?

actually the e5 very easy to carry, u can just clip it to ur shirt! its easy., but then again for me its the price that matters!

and i think if we do not have a gr8 player , we will need amping for a pl-21 too !

My bro has a transcend mp 330 and well, it hardly produces any soundstage in the pl-21 but wen played on my clip+ its really good !

since he is also on a budget , i think an e3 would do the job? i really dont know how effective it would be though! would some gurus elaborate?
strategy said:
What was the OP guy doing when Amarbir had M2 in the Deal of the DAY @ just 2000 +shipping +5% tax !!

IT was a great deal, you should have grabbed it . :)

The guy was having the worst day at colg getting punishments from every lecturer :p.. and dint see the deal as he dint open his laptop :( :(

although he saw it the next day and was swearing all over :p

Better go for E5 than E3. Though I won't say E5 is a great amplifier or even a clean amplifier, for the price, it gets the job done! Clip+ and E5 used to be my favorite combination before - as they both can be easily clipped and carried :)

@ avinashwarrier: I haven't tried the E3 but I own a Fiio E5. E5 is only good to boost the volume, works for sources which have a lesser volume like some cellphones/mp3 players. I wouldn't say it improves anything, just amps the volume up. The bass boost will give you additional bass but at the sacrifice of a good overall presentation.

It is good vfm if you just need to boost the volume for iems and some entry level headphones. Build quality is good and so is the battery life but I still wouldn't recommend it.

To be honest I would suggest you get a better player like a Sflo2>Fuze>Clip+ (in terms of SS). Upgrading your source will give you a much better soundstage and overall presentation of your music. Iems don't generally require amping is what I always say.

I haven't heard the hm601/602/801 so can't comment there. I use my sflo2 day in and day out and it has an amazing SQ playing Flacs/320kbps mp3, only problem is that since I enjoy it so much the battery feels short lived. ;)

bennysachdev said:
@ avinashwarrier: I haven't tried the E3 but I own a Fiio E5. E5 is only good to boost the volume, works for sources which have a lesser volume like some cellphones/mp3 players. I wouldn't say it improves anything, just amps the volume up. The bass boost will give you additional bass but at the sacrifice of a good overall presentation.

It is good vfm if you just need to boost the volume for iems and some entry level headphones. Build quality is good and so is the battery life but I still wouldn't recommend it.

To be honest I would suggest you get a better player like a Sflo2>Fuze>Clip+ (in terms of SS). Upgrading your source will give you a much better soundstage and overall presentation of your music. Iems don't generally require amping is what I always say.

I haven't heard the hm601/602/801 so can't comment there. I use my sflo2 day in and day out and it has an amazing SQ playing Flacs/320kbps mp3, only problem is that since I enjoy it so much the battery feels short lived. ;)
Thanks for the enlightening reply.. it cleared my doubt properly..

sooo i decided to go for one more pl-21 for me for some time.. till i find a good offer or till i make some money... .. since i wud be using this with my phone i tht i will take an e-3 too :D

and i saw that lynx-india had 35% off on soundmagic products..

I decided to buy one and called Mr Amarbir with a few qstns...

I had bought a pl-21 from him hardly a month back.. and everything went well and i was happy.. but i have read horror stories here of lynx-india from people.. but i tht, with his return he had changed...

I was shocked by the way he talked to me this time on the phone,

For the first time in my life.. i was utterly lost for words because.. a shopkeeper was shouting at a prospective customer bcoz he had some doubts..

I put the phone down.. and decided that however attractive lynx-india offers are, i will not buy anything from him.. and as far as i am concerned he doesn't exist to me..

If this is the case before buying, how will he behave if we have some warranty issues :O?

avinashwarrier said:
sooo i decided to go for one more pl-21 for me for some time.. till i find a good offer or till i make some money... .. since i wud be using this with my phone i tht i will take an e-3 too :D
I had bought a pl-21 from him hardly a month back.. and everything went well and i was happy.. but i have read horror stories here of lynx-india from people.. but i tht, with his return he had changed...
For the first time in my life.. i was utterly lost for words because.. a shopkeeper was shouting at a prospective customer bcoz he had some doubts..
I put the phone down.. and decided that however attractive lynx-india offers are, i will not buy anything from him.. and as far as i am concerned he doesn't exist to me..
If this is the case before buying, how will he behave if we have some warranty issues :O?
Feel sorry for you :(

avinashwarrier said:

Woooaaaahhh!! :O
This is really bad and I do feel bad for you. Anyways his behavior is out of context for this post so I wouldn't get into it here.
I would say get the Brainwavez M2/M3 from mp4nation directly if you can't source the Pl-21 that you want. M2 has some pretty good reviews from a lot of people.

^ They have run out of stock on the M2 and its not expected till April . Sad part is one of my friend's M2 died which he had bought from Mp4 Nation few months back and now he is facing lot of problems with the RMA . 1) You have to spend 400-600 bucks sending it back to MP4 Nation . 2) MP4Nation says, since they do not have stock .He will have to wait till April for RMA . Even if they ship in April 1st/2nd week , it will take 20-30 days to reach him .

Consider these facts before you jump for the M2 on MP4 Nation . I would say incase you find a slightly more expensive deal on used or new locally with warranty , buy it .Atleast you have local warranty and won't have to spend 500-600 bucks + lot of time incase of RMAs .

djnik5490 said:
I can vouch for the NE- 6 though, really good IEM's!
Have read a lot on both the M2 and NE-6/NE-7M... and most reviews suggest that the NE-6/NE-7M are not very good in the build quality area.. and considering the prices on both the iems.. the M2 seems to be a more logical choice ..

So i am waiting for offers :D

avinashwarrier said:

Can you elaborate on this ? He seems to be pretty civil on the forum lately, I dont see why anyone should be yelled at while enquiring about a product

Back