Audio IEM Upgrade time, woohoo my wallet already feels lighter :(

Source: Fuze+ + E17(will buy depending on the reviews) or E7/E10 combo<-Ofc I will using this with my Laptop as a DAC.
Budget: 10k INR
Background: BW M2, AT AD900 (Am looking to upgrade my M2's)
Music: Hip Hop, rock, R&B, Country, Pop
Preference: Clean punchy bass, widest possible soundstage, I don't know what they call it but I dont like it when wind blows and I can hear nothing but the noise of the wind, I would like to keep that to a minimum. As sturdy as possible since I will be using them on long bike rides.

For the genre's you've mentioned I think the IE8 is the best option. You'll just have to................well.........here it comes..........increase your budget :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Else, HiFiMan RE262 is a good option. Correct me if i'm wrong but you did not like the TF10 right?

For the IE8, I have to increase my budget by 50% :p not possible atm

RE262 is not bassy enough, I am more bass and treble than mids. So RE262 is a no go.

TF10 Sounds to be ok. <-I might have to listen to a fellow TEians first to really know how they sound.

What about Radius DDM?

Radius DDM does not give you the Fit you are looking for since you will use them during biking:huh:

but bass if you are into than those satisfy you to the core

I was about to recommend the RE-262 based on your requirement of widest possible sound-stage but maybe its bass wont be enough for you .The 262 has a punchy bass when amped but not a lot of weight or quantity . Also its treble is pretty laidback . TF10 is a good option if you get a good seal with it .

Radius DDM are bass monsters ! Get it only if you want M2 like bass but with slightly more authority. EDIT : Nalin is right , you can't ride with the kind of fit you get with the DDMs. I had a bad experience doing the same and ended up buying esanthosh's DDM :p

Other than that , can't think of other options in that particular budget .Haven't been much in touch with the scene :ashamed: . I still think the Easronics SM3 are one of the best IEMs Ive ever heard :D See if you can find a used one .​

@ fah33m, will ride to mumbai in February, will I be able to smaple your collections of IEMs/sources/HP ?? I so want to hear your recabled Denon 5000, ah screw it i want to listen to all of them :p

Nalin said it cant be used during biking, your saying it can be. I am confused now :huh:

PS: My M2 doesnt fit well either, keeps popping out of my ear. I need to find something that will improve the fit.

JVC HA-FXT90

FXT90.jpg

hahahari said:
@ fah33m, will ride to mumbai in February, will I be able to smaple your collections of IEMs/sources/HP ?? I so want to hear your recabled Denon 5000, ah screw it i want to listen to all of them :p
Nalin said it cant be used during biking, your saying it can be. I am confused now :huh:

PS: My M2 doesnt fit well either, keeps popping out of my ear. I need to find something that will improve the fit.
That was a typo , even I meant it can't be :p BTW IMO no IEM should be used for biking . It could be really dangerous for your and others lives since the complete outisde noise is blocked.

You are most welcome to try out my gear when you are in Mumbai . Even though my IEM collection has started depleting since most were gathering dust , the D5000 and SR225i are here to stay for a long time :)

That was a typo , even I meant it can't be BTW IMO no IEM should be used for biking . It could be really dangerous for your and others lives since the complete outisde noise is blocked.

I use ME M6 during biking at very low sound. I can hear 70-80% of the external sound. You need to be very alert though.
Note: I dont think you can use most of the IEM 's with helmet on as they will come out of the ear which hurts a lot. Rather you can try the normal earphones. TF 10 are Very big no for biking with helmet, as they are placed at least 3 cm out side your ear. This is the only factor why I am not pulling trigger on these.

DDMs cannot isolate squat and getting a good fit is well, a game of luck for most (I was too lucky). Otherwise, they are a better fit in terms of bass punch, dynamics, sound stage.

In terms of pure SQ alone, I'd say FX700 is the best fit. It has got a great sound stage, excellent bass punch, but offers minimal isolation.

FXT90 is very different from FX700. It's much more smoother in presentation with more forward mids, lesser emphasis at either end, but thankfully it offers slightly better isolation. It also has a good sound stage with imaging. It's not exactly a fit for your V-shaped requirement, but none the less a choice to consider. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but well worth it. But, I won't go as far to say that this is the best I've heard - EX1000 and FX700 are the best dynamics to my ears. So, take those head-fi opinions with a pinch of salt.

From what I've read, IE8 does not offer great isolation. IE8's treble may be more laid-back too! I can only speculate that much about something I've not heard. IE80 is out and has more forward mids and lesser sound stage size. IE10 should be out next year.

TF10 fits your requirements more than anything. V-shaped, wider sound stage, great depth, very good imaging capability, detailed yet fun, good bass punch and sparkling treble. Technically, I'd say it would score less than GR07, but fun wise, much better!

I think Sony XBA-3SL would be in the same mold as TF10. But again that seems a bit huge as well. Not many impressions out there, but you can buy directly from Japan using Tenso for a little over your budget - Rakuten: Sony XBA-3SL- Shopping Japanese products from Japan

GR07 is a jack of all trades. It has an excellent bass presentation, more balanced, very good weight and texture to the sound, extremely comfortable, good set of accessories. Yet, it's undoing for me was it's sibilance and I have many recordings that have vocal sibilance present in them. If you can EQ it very well, it would become flat in FR. It misses the last bit of extension in treble though!

Edit: After reading thenvk's post above, if you need something middle of the ground - consider FXT90 and GR07 (both over the ear). Technically, I'd say GR07 is slightly better, while FXT90 is more on the colored side. Don't exactly remember, but GR07 would stick out a little less than FXT90.

From what I have read the Gr07 seems a good bet as far as comfort n snug fit/smaller housing etc goes, be it biking, sleeping etc.

using IEM while riding is not recommendable :mad:

try TF10 once , its one of a kind .......

the signature is very unique , I cant explain better than this , lacks bass bit , but detailing , treble and soundstage is impressive .......

Negative part is its fit , most of the people ended up in selling that :(

veer_singh said:
the signature is very unique , I cant explain better than this , lacks bass bit , but detailing , treble and soundstage is impressive .......

Compared to what? just curious :)

On second thought, iems that prolly don't isolate the best might be a good option. I've switched to small tips on my sm3 simply cause i've ended up missing some important meetings since I did not realize which train station I had to get down. Medium tips fit a lil too perfectly, small tips provide lesser isolation. This sounds so silly, i know. Lol.

Back