Other If you can afford ipad does it make sense to buy other tablet? EDIT: Bought Xperia Z

Simple: NO, because once you get an iPad 'x', few months down the line there will be an iPad 'x+1' with the exact features that seemed to be missing, which goes into an infinite loop. Apple is already among the most cash rich organizations anywhere, and that is a good enough reason to start with.

The thing is they and everyone else is cashing on people's greed. These big corporations are here for business. They want to milk customers as much as they can. I am sure you agree. If one cannot get satisfied with what is available or gets all worked up when a new version of a particular launches and wants the new version also then those people deserve to be conned.
Not sure why people will buy a new version of the product if the current one is still functional (if they already own) and still does all that it is supposed to. But no people want the better screen and X% thinner and crisper and what all adjectives i am not sure.

Err.. care to explain?
I think he is trying to explain the profit margin Apple demands from its customers. Their products are priced higher than the competitors, and the features offered are far less. It doesn't make sense to jump into Apple if you aren't invested in their ecosystem already.

Only on TE, a topic which started with the discussion of the rationale in buying the products shortlisted by the op can go way off topic as to the discussion of taxation and operating margins of some companies.

Stick to the topic and get your head out of your a*sses
No company ever in this world sells products for the benefits of its consumers.
Businesses make cash and that's their motto. If you expect anything else then boss you are living in cuckoo land.

Errr how does jailbreaking help deny itunes reliance?
And frankly what itunes reliance are you talking about? What does an ipad rely on itunes for?
Backups- icloud
Music - itunes on your ipad itself takes care of that. Your other files can be synced wirelessly
Movies - o player itself can play even 1080 p files on stock formats.
Airvideo streams 1080 p files with ease.

Infact itunes works kinda in the background for me. Whenever i turn on.my pc it syncs and copies all of my files and i dont even get a nift of it.
What if i receive a file from bluetooth.and i want to open with a different app..?
downlaod option in safari?
Not so great multitasking functionality..?

.. Jailbreaking is the only way to get additional functionality in the cost of warranty....
I own an ipod touch 4 and find it annoying with out jailbreak...too much restrictions put by apple.

Jailbreaking does cause warranty to get void but understand one thing that you can always restore to stock and claim warranty.[DOUBLEPOST=1370595212][/DOUBLEPOST]
so i ended up buying the xperia z tablet from local sony dealer.

Good. How much did it cost and tell us your experience now as well as after few days. Initial experiences are always great but as time passes on realizes if the device is able to do all what was expected or not.

I got it for 44k plus 500rs for 6monthly installment fron hdfc bank credit card.till now loving it the tablet is very beautiful and sleek.net surfing super quick. WiFi catching js bit less than mya laptop but equal to my galaxy phone.loving the design. have yet to get a 3g SIM and check net coverage..stock Rom is good and comments to google play.
not checked the cam or gaming as I got it 3hours ago

Back