IFX-14 | Tagan BZ800

Roxtin said:
Congratz, btw why there is a glove by Tagan?

No idea, its still a mystery with some of the reviewers too, maybe one is too prone to get electrocuted while installing the BZ800 :lol:

naveen58 said:
Congo man..
BTW IFX-14 was Available with PrimeABGB.

IFX-14 is available with prime - but thats only LGA 775 compatible. They still dont have the 1366 mounting kit. I approached Prime first before i ordered it from KMD and they were'nt sure when the 1366 mounting kit would be ordered. Who would wait until they become sure ? :|

|Anish| said:
Btw, does anyone know what to do with the ground wire that comes out from the BZ800 ?

Screw it to the enclosure perhaps? I've seen this ground wire in most electrical panels & other equipments, where it's screwed to the door of the panel or its body.

Roxtin said:
Congratz, btw why there is a glove by Tagan?

That is an anti-static glove to prevent electrostatic discharge from the user who works on the electronic equipment. Grounds the person essentially.

@ Gannu : You know ever since my comp is powered by this PSU i am getting electric shocks when I touch the panel. I got an electrician to check the earthing, he says its fine. :S

Is it because I need to screw the ground wire to the metal part of the cabinet?

@Amrit_iyer : Yep, its so big that I have to sacrifice on cable management :(

|Anish| said:
Is it because I need to screw the ground wire to the metal part of the cabinet?

Not quite the issue there. Most other PSUs dont have that feature and yet we get electrical shocks (as in my case TBMS!).

Faulty earthing is all that I can think of ATM! Current doesn't simply leak like that. I may be wrong there! :p

Its either faulty earthing ( no need to electrician to check that :p ).

Or there might be problem with the mains wire you are using, or the PSU's earthing wire connection somehow got disconnected ( happens sometimes, over time brittle solder point simply gives away ).

If you have multimeter, check for continuity of cable. Using DMM you can also check if earthing is fine or not ( Put the multimeter on AC, Check between Line and Neutral, you should get voltage reading. Then Check between Line and earth, here also you should get proper voltage reading if earthing is fine. )

Instead of multimeter you can always use good old bulb method as well.

If you rule out problem of mains and cable, its the problem with PSU's earthing connection internally.

The electrician actually tested the mains with the bulb trick and came to a conclusion that the earthing is fine :S

How to get rid of the PSU's internal earthing connection if the mains are fine?

Anish, I hope U are not using the same Power Cord that came in the Tagan box :O

That cord doesn't ve the earthing pin n is utterly useless :/

Get a "MX" power cord and U'll be fine. I had checked the earthing of the PSU, be4 I gave it to U ... it was absolutely fine.

Another reason could be the Monitor power cord .. since it is connected to Ur PC, if not earthed, it can also generate the said static on Ur cabby.

Just try changing the power cords n report.

Also, just hide the bloody earthing cable (4m the PSU) I never used it and never needed to.

:lol: I have to use the gloves on a regular basis - I get electric shocks everytime i touch my cabinet... Thank god i got this PSU (for the sake of the gloves)

Back