IIPM ! plz help anyone :(

Tell your friends to not worry about IIPM.. Its a decent institute yaar
i know some of my friends who were real dumbheads and are doing pretty well.one of them is working for pantaloons retail marketing division .

Its all about how well you perform in those 2 years and where do you get placed first.

There is a court ruling for this type of case, they have to refund proportional fees, dunno the details of the case, but if pursued, a few letters should do the trick..

IIPM played fun with lot of people's life. Some were lucky to get a good job- either by influence or pure hardwork. So far I have seen many have ended being a DSA for a pretty long time. IIPM is nothing but a scam running in broad daylight.

The point is there are tons of sub-standard institutues, but they dont charge a bomb like IIPM.

And no its not IIPM's fault, all institution have similar rules. I remember during my MMS (University of Mumbai) course, we had to pay a non refundable fee if you want to book a seat on the 1st round of results, so incase in 2nd round we get admission in a better college. We lose the initial money. If you wanna spend 2 yrs of a critical point in your life, and a considerable sum of money. You have to do a lot of background research and have to risk your money, there are no two ways to it...

I do not know if it would help with IIPM- but similar cases have been dealt with by courts in a student friendly manner.

ICTE Notification in Indian Express dated 19th April,2007.This is really interesting and very useful for all those who will leave one institute to join other.
The Key points in the Notification are

* In the event of a student/ candidate withdrawing before the starting of the course, the wait listed candidates should be given admissions against the vacant seat. The entire fee collected from the student, after a deduction of the processing fee of not more than Rs.1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) shall be refunded and returned by the Institution/ University to the student/candidate withdrawing from the programme.

* It would not be permissible for Institutions and Universities to retain the School/Institution Leaving Certificates in original.

* Should a student leave after joining the course and if the seat consequently falling vacant has been filled by another candidate by the last date of admission, the Institution must return the fee collected with proportionate deductions of monthly fee and proportionate hostel rent, where applicable.

U should talk to the IIPM and request them to give your seat to the next wait listed candidate ( because I M sure there would be many in line )
Mail Arindam Chowdhary of IIPM( the guy who comes out with large Newspaper ads on making an honest India & saving us from dis-honest politicians-request him to be honest with you!! )

Back