iMac for Video Editing Studio

nish_pinto

Voyager.Fpv
Adept
A friend of mine is setting up a video editing studio. Since I don't know much about apple's iMac computers, I need suggestions on which iMac to buy for video editing and multimedia purposes. I will need the price as well as tech specs. Budget not a problem. Thanks.

Well if budget is not an issue, why is your friend holding back by buying iMac's [OR is it more of a application compatibility issue]?

If he wants branded PC's for support and reliability he'll be better served with HP's Z series workstations.

Else if he wants assembled RIG's go for these --

Intel Core i7 2600 [non -k] ~15900/-

ASUS P8H67M-PRO ~8500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 4GB x 2 ~3400/-

nVidia Quadro 2000 ~26000/-

Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-

NZXT Gamma ~2100/-

Dell Ultrasharp U2412M ~19000/- [IPS panel for good color reproduction]

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~6700/-

Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD [primary OS drive] ~12000/-

Logitech multimedia combo [keyboard + mouse] ~750/-

DVD drive~1100/-

Hope this helps, cheers!!

Hey!

Its about Time for the iMac to be upgraded / changed

I'd suggest him to wait for a WWDC event from Apple (if & only if he can) which could give a hint of the next iMac, then he could buy the best config. from what comes out.

Buying something very expensive & it getting renewed in a matter of months would be painful, yeah?

Thanks

ultimo

He will get the refurbs only now or those which are still available with re sellers. Apple has stopped sales of the new iMacs, and in April, the new ones will launch with Ivy Bridge proccessors.

Ideally, he is better served with Hackintoshes. Check the tony mac x86 forums for the same.

IMO, unless he is in a hurry, let him wait for the newer IB proccy from Intel and purchase the newer i7 3xxx's

Back