OC & Modding Imp facts you need to know about DDR2 overclocking

Chaos said:
2.45 24/7 will kill the ram in a few months. Only RAMs with 8 layer PCBs can take 2.45 on a regular basis. On the normal 6 layer, it'll die! I hope you have a fan on top of the ram.

Yep used 2 92mm fans on it.. with a Chilled air blowing over it..

but that was only during benchmark which took me 2 hrs max.

right now running them at 2.00 - 2.05v 24/7 :D i hope thats pretty safe.

Harshal said:
I think Intel has tried everything.... In their LABS offcourse. Just didnt want their [chipset] business to suffer coz of a swanky-feature... [Remember its got like 10 to 50 acers of Silicon waffers almost monthly]. If I am in command, it works for me too... Moni from everywhere :D Tech onboard or No Tech... and I still remember I saying Intel got killed when AMD & On-Board Mem-Controler thing came out... but they did it again with a better performing CPU and tweaked chipset!!
Also That Israel Team is always onto something to keep AMD & all of us on our Toe... I guess :D

Kinda disagree with some points.Well Intel came out with Better CPU, no doubt,tweaked chipset ? well i have my reservations.Theoritically no one knows Intel CPUs better than Intel itself,so logically they shud be in a better position to churn out THE best chipset for their own CPU,which sadly isnt the case.:no:

Israel team of Intel ......who knows,maybe its cos of them that Intel bounced back...lol :bleh:

Back